[Solved] Search may have an issue...

Started by bodogbodog, November 14, 2009, 07:12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bodogbodog

I've got two Windows Media Centers (one Vista and one Win7) - on the Win 7 one running the RC for Interactive when I try using Search and look for "Japan" nothing is found, on the Vista one it finds Japanese News (which I'd expect)
Is there a known issue with Search that would be impacting this?
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

bodogbodog

bump....
I'd love to know if this is a known issue with the Win7 version - it's not just happening with Japan  ??? - if you try a few letters of the alphabet I am finding that very few return any result - and those that do are a definite limited subset

If anyone is using the Win7 IceTV version can they see how their Search works?
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)

bodogbodog

bump...

Is anyone else having problems with the Search function in Win Media Center 7? - I'd love to know if it's just me or a wider issue when using IceTV Interactive for Win7

bodogbodog

Solved now
Called IceTV support today - kudos for their helpful approach
They got me to initiate a rebuild of the Media Center index and it fixed it
To do that go to Control Panel then select Indexing Options then select Windows Media Center and then click on Advanced - then select the Rebuild option - it will take a couple of minutes to complete - then "hey presto' you will find your Media Center index repopulated and searchable

Thanks IcetV Support team