Discussion of Beta 2 IceTV Interactive for Windows 7

Started by Phattchoo, November 05, 2009, 07:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phattchoo

Awesome to see the Beta2 released, without the padding issue.

More than worth the wait.

one question though, if I've got Beta1 installed, do I need to simply update it through the GUI, or do I need to uninstall Beta1 and install Beta2?

grob

bodogbodog

Quote from: grob on November 05, 2009, 08:23:29 PM
You can just auto update from the application.
confirming that worked for me - and I guess we just beta tested the "update" function  ;D
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: bodogbodog on November 05, 2009, 08:28:51 PM
Quote from: grob on November 05, 2009, 08:23:29 PM
You can just auto update from the application.
confirming that worked for me - and I guess we just beta tested the "update" function  ;D

Yes, that does confirm that the update function work, but don't worry this was definitely tested internally first...   :D
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

grob

Daniel,

I noticed the top of this post says "The setup program for Beta1 of IceTV Interactive for Windows 7 can be downloaded from http://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/downloads.cgi?op=get_file&number=21" should be Beta2 now ;)

Nudge

Nice work, good to see the update notification balloon worked.

Watching the log file tab, the data keeps updating approx every 10 seconds I gather this is for the interactive function, what if I am just doing a daily guid data download.

Later,

Nudge

Slammer6751

I cleared all of my MC recordings and re-entered them as well as my Interactive ones. It all seems to be working nicely and the padding has remained as set on the MC device.

All of my recordings in the MC device are now shown as a single recording not as a series recording. I thought on the previous beta it was shown as a series in the MC device (I may be wrong).

I'm assuming that the MC device should be showing them as a single recording?

Looking very good.  :)

Svantegorm

Thank you.

Huge to boost the all important WAF!!!!!

You've just bought yourself a significant amount of development time.

We've got the basics we are paying for.....all other features are gravy from here.

S

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: Nudge on November 06, 2009, 05:32:47 AM
Nice work, good to see the update notification balloon worked.

Watching the log file tab, the data keeps updating approx every 10 seconds I gather this is for the interactive function, what if I am just doing a daily guid data download.

Later,

Nudge

If you are using Interactive in Guide Only mode, then in this beta it will still place entries in the log for locally created shows, but its not doing anything with them.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: Slammer6751 on November 06, 2009, 09:34:15 AM
I cleared all of my MC recordings and re-entered them as well as my Interactive ones. It all seems to be working nicely and the padding has remained as set on the MC device.

All of my recordings in the MC device are now shown as a single recording not as a series recording. I thought on the previous beta it was shown as a series in the MC device (I may be wrong).

I'm assuming that the MC device should be showing them as a single recording?

Looking very good.  :)

As with all devices that support IceTV Interactive all timers are sent down as single timers.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

dJOS

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on November 06, 2009, 01:44:02 PM
As with all devices that support IceTV Interactive all timers are sent down as single timers.

Perhaps this should not be the case for 7MC? (1 size does not fit all and Media PC's should be exempt imo)

I never ever got Interactive to work reliably on Vista no mater how many builds or systems I tried it on (using around 50 shows - we never watch live TV) - how about creating and maintaining Series instead, that way if Interactive fails it doesn't matter as long as the guide data keeps coming down as the media center will continue on with the settings it has.
My Home Theatre Project

Quad Tuner 7MC box now replaced by 2x TiVo's HD's by order of the Wife!

dinks_c

Installed 7MC RTM 32bit on 24/10/09 (was waiting for ICE TV) installed as per instructions and all went well. It configured the 4 Nova T500 tuners out of the box and Ice TV was working reasonably well. (2 Minutes padding aside ???) Anyway the Nova T500's dropped 2 tuners for some reason and the "usual fix for Vista" reboot didn't fix this, after a week of only 2 tuners and the need to add Channel 72, I figured on a forum read and an re-install of the latest drivers from the new Magic site. Used HwClear to remove the old Nova T500 drivers and then installed the new ones after a reboot. Had Ice TV Beta 1 installed so I updated to Beta 2 while I was at it.

Rebooted just to be sure, opened MC seems like this worked well, opened the guide with Ice TV and My Channel logo's still there. It then tells me it found 2 new tuners, Bewt. Ok lets go and install the tuner, which it finds and states 4 tuners are there. Agree to the guide data. Enter the post code 4000 for Brisbane, it then tells me that its unable to find guide data. When I work through the scan of channels etc Ice TV is no longer showing. It does find all channels just nothing with the suffix Ice TV.

I Have
1          Re-installed Beta 2 and had a look
2          Un-installed Beta 2 rebooted and re-installed
3          Un-installed Beta 2 cleaned out the Channels, Rebooted and re-installed
4          Cleaned out the channels rebooted and rescanned
5          Did a system restore to yesterday, came back with a fail code of 0000034 from memory. System same as before doing restore.
6          Did a WHS restore which got things back up and recording. still only has 2 tuners working.
7          Reformatted the sucker, took 2 hours to get it all back to where it should be.

Any suggestions before the sledgehammer comes out? the problem seems to be in the ICE TV side of things in that it is unable to find ICE TV.
Going to try a WHS restore and if necessary a format of the C drive.

Cheers
Robert

7MC = Core2 duo, 2 Gig Ram, 2x Nova T 500's, 4xHDD's, exactly the same machine that been running as a Media Centre only using Vista and IceTV for two years. software installed, Windows 7 Ultimate, Kaspersky KIS 2010, Acronis True image, my channel logo's, and ICE TV of course.  :)

bodogbodog

Quote from: dinks_c on November 08, 2009, 07:14:56 PMAny suggestions before the sledgehammer comes out? the problem seems to be in the ICE TV side of things in that it is unable to find ICE TV.
Going to try a WHS restore and if necessary a format of the C drive
Sorry to hear somethings gone wrong - I don't have any suggestions I'm afraid but glad ot hear you've got a WHS and have the system backed up.
I'm running Win7 and IceTV Beta 2, having upgraded using update to Beta 2 - fortunately I didn't strike any problems (touch wood)
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

grcassidy

"how about creating and maintaining Series instead"

+++1. This would be a great way to handle series recordings. Also if Interactive could pick up on what series recordings have been set within 7MC and either show them in Interactive (As series set in 7MC) or just take control of them and manage them, I think that would be great.

I seem to remember in Vista if VMC had set a recording (series) and then Interactive tried to set it again, that a failed recording message would display in Interactive. When the Interactive padding features become available there will at least need to be some way to handle conflicts and give one of the series recordings (i.e. 7MC or Interactive) priority.

btw, so far beta2 has been working correctly for me.

Thanks
Gary.

Nudge

Hi,

I know this is still beta but is there a ICETV interactive user guide around to follow, how to operate and what to expect?

The guide only data is straight forward. Some additional info about waking PC to refresh, indexing is done after update etc.

With the interactive tool it appears to update every 15minutes?, what should be expected of the tool if a local or remote recording is scheduled?

Later,

Nudge