Discussion of Beta IceTV Interactive for Windows 7 being available

Started by jaswah, October 23, 2009, 02:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grcassidy

"On the padding issue, can the interactive padding be disabled and use the WMC defaults?"

+1. No need for custom padding anymore since 7MC allows more flexible padding to be set (Unlike Vista).

logzy

Quote from: grcassidy on October 27, 2009, 04:53:05 PM
"On the padding issue, can the interactive padding be disabled and use the WMC defaults?"

+1. No need for custom padding anymore since 7MC allows more flexible padding to be set (Unlike Vista).

+1. That should be an easy fix too if the IceTV programmers are having trouble getting this padding working properly.

adsjc

Quote from: mr_gimlet on October 26, 2009, 09:56:48 AM
On the padding issue, can the interactive padding be disabled and use the WMC defaults?

+1
I agree Let the WMC do the job.

grcassidy

If IceTV do sort out the padding issue, it would be an awsome feature to be able to set the padding on a per channel basis. That way channels like ABC could be set to 5min post padding and the commercial channels could be set for 15-20 min padding. Sports (ie ONE HD) could be set to 30min or 1hr incase the game goes longer.

As it stands with the padding, recording through interactive is not useful for commercial tv, and therefore probably wont be used very much. Since a beta release is supposed to be for testing bugs etc., the padding issue will severely limit the beta test program.

nac6

Yep, I won't be installing it until I can let W7 do the padding.

bodogbodog

I've been using the Win7 beta a couple of days now and all is going well - but we really do need the padding issue fixed - it's just not going to work without that being resolved due to the way commercial channels over run time slots
I had thought I was "dealing" with it by making the adjustment in Media Center but it turns out that even though I adjust the settings in Media Center the padding is not recognised and ICETV over rides those settings
Any timeframe for a fix?
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

dJOS

Quote from: bodogbodog on October 29, 2009, 06:11:06 AM
I've been using the Win7 beta a couple of days now and all is going well - but we really do need the padding issue fixed - it's just not going to work without that being resolved due to the way commercial channels over run time slots
I had thought I was "dealing" with it by making the adjustment in Media Center but it turns out that even though I adjust the settings in Media Center the padding is not recognised and ICETV over rides those settings
Any timeframe for a fix?

I think i'll wait for Niall's BSE Remote extension as he is likely to use Win7's native padding options. (& BSE works so much better than Ice's native app + gives you many more features)
My Home Theatre Project

Quad Tuner 7MC box now replaced by 2x TiVo's HD's by order of the Wife!

grcassidy

dJOS

Quote from: grcassidy on October 29, 2009, 09:23:09 AM
"BSE Remote extension"

My ears pricked up

he's done most of the dev work but is deciding how to proceed with it as there are other remote solutions coming from other vendors too. Check niall's blog for screen caps.
My Home Theatre Project

Russell at IceTV

Just an update...

We're working on beta 2 now, and hope to have it available in the next day or two.  It will have the padding feature temporarily removed, to allow you to use the padding in Win7's Media Center.

We're also working on adding the ability to use padding greater than 2 minutes, and to do padding on a per channel basis, and to do both soft and hard padding.  These will hopefully be in an upcoming version.

More soon...

Russell

so_bored8008

Thanks for the update! Any information is good information.....but that info was great!

dJOS

Hooray hard padding at last!!!!

Can you also enable the extra guide meta data / images etc and provide channel logos too?
My Home Theatre Project

bodogbodog

Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)

impact

Not going to touch this until padding is fixed.

Seriously - I dont want Icetv to be doing anything with padding... Icetv is an EPG - and thats what you should concentrate on. W7 has improved its soft and hard padding functionality over Vista - both in scope of things like whenever possible and always, and the time increments have increased dramatically.

Interactive adds complexity unneccessarily - and so far just introduced problems. I want an EPG, and just an EPG. I can live with the padding in W7 - and guess what it works. If interactive comes along and stuffs up start and stop times - who do we blame... Microsoft will say its Ice, Ice says it Microsoft - the arrows point to each others shield and us poor users get frustrated.

Keep it simple.

Dont play with things you dont understand.

Interactive with 2 mins padding is absolutely useless in Australia - and we all know it.

bodogbodog

Quote from: impact on October 29, 2009, 09:27:38 PM
Interactive with 2 mins padding is absolutely useless in Australia - and we all know it.
and that's why they've said they'l fix it
We may need to exercise a little patience - it is a beta process we're in......