Will I have the "2 minute padding problem" if i don't use interactive?

Started by alexg, November 04, 2009, 09:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexg

As stated I guess.

I am about to go Win 7 and was wondering if it affects the Ice Guide. I never use the "interactive" component, will i still have an issue with the padding?

Thanks

Alex

bodogbodog

Good question - I was wondering the same as it appears that when I setup recordings via the guide on my Win7 Media Center or my Extender that I am able to setup the padding in the recording settings. Like you I don't use Interactive.
I was wondering why I didn't seem to be missing the end of the programmes and that therefore padding was working - your question may well be the answer - hope so  ;D
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

grcassidy

Programs set to record through Media Center will have the default padding as set in the Media Center settings. All recordings set by Ice Interactive will have 2 mins.

Cheers
Gary

EDIT: You can still install the interactive client to handle the guide updates without affecting the padding on recordings set in 7MC

alexg

Thankyou for the prompt response.

Is it much of a hassle setting up the ICETV EPG for 7MC?

I am getting the OS tomorrow and so will reinstall then anything I should watch out for?

bodogbodog

Alexg
It is truly dead simple
I found that setting up IceTV Win7 beta was really easy - just load the beta software and follow the installation instructions and the tuners and channels were found automatically and labelled correctly
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)

bodogbodog

Quote from: grcassidy on November 05, 2009, 12:29:09 PM
Programs set to record through Media Center will have the default padding as set in the Media Center settings

Best news I've had all day! - that's great and meets my needs just fine