Record Repeat but not First Run?

Started by RubberChicken, September 27, 2009, 12:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubberChicken

I've now run into a problem on Monday nights with 3 things on at 8:30pm.

ABC reruns Good Game later in the week - I'm sure I used to be able to record these repeats to cure scheduling conflicts by choosing the particular channel that the mid week repeat would screen on. Which was usually ABC2 or something. Now you only get a Network selector, not a channel selector.

I thought I would get around this by making a keyword recording for '"Good Game" repeat' however it seems the first description line is not included in the search.

I have missed something vital? It seems this situation used to be fixable and now is not.

What we need is...
-keyword search to include all text in the title etc
-series record with repeat only as an option

A_G

I too have recently found that a "repeats only" option would be quite useful. For similar reasons, too many shows on with a repeat of one show at a later time.

HelloGoodThanks

audioh0bbs

+ several million.

Also, some way of knowing that anything I decide *not* to record won't, in fact, record. Last night I tried to *not* record the three Survivor episodes (selected Do Not Record on all three) so that they would not mess up other recordings I had set and Survivor's repeats could then be recorded in the early hours of the morning. The one at 22:30 started, though. :-|

This morning's Champions' League game started an hour later than it should have. Again, no reason for this, any late change to schedule - as late as 03:30 - should have been picked up and transmitted to my still-recording Beyonwiz. Once recordings are set by Ice TV they seem to remain - there is no way the time gets changed afterwards without manual intervention.

Currently, I seem to have to scout through my Ice TV recordings on my Wiz to make sure that what I want is there. Ice TV is not a set-and-forget option and I am not convinced of the cost of it.

Al.

PS I seem to have to air my grievances here since the Ice TV "help" staff have never contacted me when I have sent in complaints.

j s

The "Time" option might help here - but that's not an elegant solution.

A "Day" option would be a big help.