MythTV 0.22 - ICE TV Support.

Started by lbotticchio, November 03, 2009, 08:23:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lbotticchio

Hi All,

I have made the very long leap of the very short pier and upgraded the home Media Center to MythTV 0.22 RC2 running from Mythbuntu 9.10. Apart from a very minor bugs it is working wonderfully. Being a loyal ICETV subscriber for many year I tried to use the MythtV XMLTV scraper with 0.22 but alas I have had no success. The Channel scanning and setup interface is much improved and very easy to use in 0.22. The interface appears to have changed and gives the option of running the XMLTV setup from within the window, rather than having to Alt-tab out of mythtv to the console to configure the ICETV user settings. It appears to run if you tab into the window but will not accept any input and throws errors. 

Any idea when someone could have a look at updating the script to work with 0.22? Anything I can do to help with testing etc please let me know.

tonymy01

?? This is an ICE forum, why are you talking about scrapers?  If you go to the account pages, go to one of the help pages, it gives instructions on how to download ICE data as XML, you don't need to do any scraping (it is literally one command).
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

lbotticchio

My appologies if my terminology is a bit off. I downloaded the  IceTV Perl Grabber that works well with 0.21 following the instrauctions from the ICETV help section. Applying the same process does not work with 0.22.

tonymy01

Aha, ok.  Sorry about my misunderstanding also!
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

gava

Im also having the same issue...

anyone got a workaround/fit yet?

lbotticchio

I have some small progress in getting the script to login and download during a mythfilldatabase.
If you follow the instructions http://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/websupport.cgi?op=show_faq&faq_id=70&faq_cat_id=18 for installing ICETV up to item 4.7 when it talks about -  Click on Finish. A progress bad will come up on the screen and stop at 50%. Leave it at this stage and press Alt-Tab to get back to the terminal window that you started mythtv-setup from. - Due to changes in how Myth handles XMLTV scripts this will not happen. As you can not run the XMLTV configuration from within the 0.22 interface you have to manually run the tv-grab-au-ice perl script to generate a config file which stores your user name and password.

My method I used was

1) Copy the tv-grab-au-ice script to ~/.mythtv (the hidden mythtv directory in the home directory of the user that I am running mythtv under.)
2) Execute the script using the following command - ./tv_grab_au_ice --configure
3) Enter your username and password
3) This creates a tv_grab_au_ice.conf configuration file in the same directory.
4) I then copied the tv_grab_au_ice.conf file to a file called ICETV.xmltv in the same directory. - cp tv_grab_au_ice.conf ICETV.xmltv - The ICETV.xmltv file is what Mythtv uses to read the configuration of the grabber. The ICETV part of the file name should be the same as the name of the Video Source that you created in step 4.5 of the ICETV MythTV setup steps.
5.) Once I had done this I followed the rest of the instructions and was able to successfully connect and download show information from ICETV doing a mythfilldatabase.

I am still having issues with my TV setup and have not successfully got it working but I that is more to do with my hardware setup than anything.

Will post more if I have any further success. 

lbotticchio

After following the steps in my previous post, editing the channel information and assigning the XMLTV id to each of my channels, I can successfully browse the schedule and record TV shows.

dippy

Hey Guys,

I had this problem to, so I've spent a few hours updating the Ice script to use the new perl XML libraries that allow the configuration to be run from within MythTVSetup. I have confirmed it works for MythBuntu 9.1

To use:
- Download and install the new Ice Grabber:
sudo wget -P /usr/bin http://www.opencraft.org/ice/tv_grab_au_ice
- Make sure the file has the correct permissions:
sudo chmod 755 /usr/bin/tv_grab_au_ice
- Run mythtv-setup
- Choose Video Sources, New Video Source
- Give your new source a name (I use IceTV)
- Change the Listings Grabber to "Australia (IceTV)".  (The first time in, Myth will probably scan for new grabbers, so wait until that's finished
- Choose Configure
- Enter your IceTV User ID and Password.
- Make sure the routine shows you the channel list. Press Enter. (You might need to scroll down to see the end of the channel list)
- Make sure the routine says "Finished Configuration. Exited with status: 0".
- If there are any errors, you can re-run the configuration
- Exit MythTV Setup and say yes you want to run the mythfilldatabase

Let me know if you have any problems with the grabber. I'll see if I can get the Ice guys to make it the default one that is downloaded.

David.
cheers
David - IceTV Support Team

Need help? Phone IceTV support on 1300 654 803 or Contact Us

markrmarkr

Quote from: dippy on November 22, 2009, 05:31:46 PM
Hey Guys,

I had this problem to, so I've spent a few hours updating the Ice script to use the new perl XML libraries that allow the configuration to be run from within MythTVSetup. I have confirmed it works for MythBuntu 9.1
Let me know if you have any problems with the grabber. I'll see if I can get the Ice guys to make it the default one that is downloaded.

David.

Dippy,
thanks a lot.   Your grabber works fine for me.

cheers  :)

Mark

tariqh

i actually still cant get it to work, any ideas?

Quote from: dippy on November 22, 2009, 05:31:46 PM
Hey Guys,

To use:
- Download and install the new Ice Grabber:
sudo wget -P /usr/bin http://www.opencraft.org/ice/tv_grab_au_ice
- Make sure the file has the correct permissions:
sudo chmod 755 /usr/bin/tv_grab_au_ice
- Run mythtv-setup
- Choose Video Sources, New Video Source
- Give your new source a name (I use IceTV)
- Change the Listings Grabber to "Australia (IceTV)".  (The first time in, Myth will probably scan for new grabbers, so wait until that's finished
- Choose Configure
- Enter your IceTV User ID and Password.
- Make sure the routine shows you the channel list. Press Enter. (You might need to scroll down to see the end of the channel list)
- Make sure the routine says "Finished Configuration. Exited with status: 0".
- If there are any errors, you can re-run the configuration
- Exit MythTV Setup and say yes you want to run the mythfilldatabase

David.

gava

didn't work for me out of the box (using mythdora 12.23)

I had to run tv_grab_au_ice --configure --config-file ./icetv.xmltv  (i was in /home/mythtv/.mythtv/ when I ran this hence the ./icetv.xmltv this created the file and it worked..

rockets

Thanks Dippy for the updated version. Worked straight away for me on my Mythbuntu 10.04 Backend. Has any one reported the issue to Ice?
Rockets
Beyonwiz T3, DP-P1
Denon 3312 - Bi-Amped Epos ELS 303 Floor Standers
Athena LSC50 Centre
Samsung UA50F5000 50" LCD
LibreELEC NUC

markrmarkr

Quote from: rockets on June 21, 2010, 01:06:21 AM
Thanks Dippy for the updated version. Worked straight away for me on my Mythbuntu 10.04 Backend. Has any one reported the issue to Ice?

I went to the support page and sent them a message