iPhone and Recording issues

Started by JAMBA, October 31, 2009, 04:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JAMBA

Hello,

Just wondering what I am doing wrong..... I'm a newbie.. so please go steady on me.

Firstly.. I have a iPhone 3Gs with the downloaded ICETV downloaded.

I've got a BeyonWiz PVR SP1 that is hooked up to the network.

Just wondering why I can't select programs on my phone to record on my PVR? I have selected them, press record.. and then it says "Episode scheduled to record on Beyonwiz" and then I go back to check the PVR and it hasn't recorded.  I thought that was the full intention of me getting my ICETV account.

Hopefully you can help me.

Jenelle

tonymy01

A couple of points:
1.  Did you have your wiz powered up at the time (most of us setup a daily "view" timer at an hour that won't cause conflicts to have the wiz wakeup on a daily basis to get EPG and interactive timer events?
2.  Did you wait the ~20mins that it can sometimes take for the polling cycle that the Wiz does to the ICE servers (you can see this in your Wiz ICE status info)?
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

jjbennet

Hey, I got the same issue. I would like to know how to deal with it. Help us guys. Thanks a lot.

tonymy01

Can you schedule from your PC?  Is ICE setup on the Wiz?  Do you have a paid account?   Is the Wiz device setup in ICE?  Have you selected that device in the Wiz GUI ICE setup?   How long did you wait?  etc.
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

pszilard

Make sure that you are LOGGED IN and that you have named and set up your Beyonwiz. I have the same set up and it works a treat. Check to see if you can program a successful recording from the PC. Make sure that the Wiz is switched ON, otherwise it won't receive the recording commands.

tonymy01

As I said, they are queued up till the wiz is taken out of standby, either manually, or by a pre-existing timer, e.g. a daily view timer you setup for this purpose of collecting these queued timers.
Regards
Tony