No matching IceTV channel for channelID...

Started by adsjc, October 24, 2009, 04:09:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

asummerf

Except for one small thing - recording for one hour is scheduled for 960 minutes.

Seems something is off in the new version and if you schedule from the web the timing is off.

Adam

Nudge111

Yeah.

I have Media Centre default to stop 15 minutes after the show finishes but they all change to 15 hours after!!!

15 hours isn't even an option to manually set...

Liperty

So it looked like there was ANOTHER update last night.
I installed it and hoped for the best...

If anything there are MORE logs getting churned out.  I am loathe to remove all my media center recording schedules just to fix the ICE TV logs.  One of the reasons is that ICE doesn't let me set how many episodes to keep.  Some shows we keep 'forever' because our toddler loves them and they aren't on TV any more - other things, like news, we only want to keep 2 recordings max.  So in the past I have set up recordings, and then altered them in Media Center to set the retention rules - I guess this is causing the problem, but ICE should be able to handle it.

-=Lip
Windows 7 x64 - RTM
8800 GT Video Card, DVI -> HDMI to plasma
* PCI-e Hauppauge T-500 MCE dual digital tuner
* DVICO USB DVB-T single digital tuner
toslink (spidf) link to Denon 3807 receiver

grob

Looks like its just excessive logging when shows are scheduled on MCE itself, rather than via the Interactive service. Is there anything not actually working?

Liperty

I had a conversation with Daniel from ICE TV.
We talked about how I have set up my current recordings - which for forum members was a combination of all of the following

- individual recordings set up on MC
- individual recordings set up on ICE (web and iPhone)
- series set up on ICE, MC, iPhone

Previously I was getting 'No matching ICE TV...' and now I am getting

Exception NullReferenceException - Object Exception ....

Damien requested the logs from the new Interactive for Windows 7.
He explained that this is likely a conflict in series recording between Media Center (MC) and ICE.
I was given some steps that would effectively 'refresh' recordings on ICE FROM MC recordings.

I explained that I often 'tweak' series recordings on the MC to set file retention rules (eg. keep 2 episodes of news, 10 episodes of mind numbing WotWots shows for the toddler).

I will post any feedback from ICE on my logs and let members know if the 'resend from MC' steps solve my current conflict issues.  I may need to choose 1 PLACE for series recordings for now - which would be the MC as it has more options.

... not sure if it falls under the category of 'it just works' quite yet... but at least ICE seem to be working hard to sort out issues...
Windows 7 x64 - RTM
8800 GT Video Card, DVI -> HDMI to plasma
* PCI-e Hauppauge T-500 MCE dual digital tuner
* DVICO USB DVB-T single digital tuner
toslink (spidf) link to Denon 3807 receiver