Seven's new channel: 72

Started by Matt-, October 23, 2009, 09:25:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt-

I was watching Seven propaganda news this evening and noticed that they're promoting that 72 will go live on Sunday.

I've had a dig in the Ice XML feed and can't see that there is any obvious mention of the programming that is coming up -- not even a placeholder.

I do appreciate that the workflow you go through requires several sources, but when do you plan to start feeding guidedata for this channel?

Thanks,

Matt.

mcpaton

7 has a complete program guide on their website, so data should be available for ICE...
Guide Region: Regional Qld (Townsville)
PVR: Beyonwiz DP-P2 & DP-H1

Gary

Quote from: mcpaton on October 23, 2009, 11:06:09 PM
7 has a complete program guide on their website, so data should be available for ICE...
That's not how it works as has been posted here so many times already. IceTV have major restrictions on how they compile their guides so they cannot just copy it.

Mitch IceGuide

Hi. Thanks for bringing this to light and yes, it's pretty much how Gary has described it. Will keep you posted on on our progress with it. As you can understand, we're a bit loathe to 'get in' immediately for the sake of hours of 'TBA'

j s

Quote from: Mitch IceGuide on October 24, 2009, 04:56:40 PM
Hi. Thanks for bringing this to light and yes, it's pretty much how Gary has described it. Will keep you posted on on our progress with it. As you can understand, we're a bit loathe to 'get in' immediately for the sake of hours of 'TBA'
A few (at least) "TBA" entries would allow us to get our PVRs etc set up so that we'll  get the real data when you have it ready.

Ch7 has been extensively advertising the opening show for "7 Two" - the Michael Jackson Concert

csutak40

Well, I tuned my TV to 72 and they are now broadcasting.  Well, broadcasting non stop ads for coming shows.  ::) It really would help to be able to set up everything now, before it all starts.  I always seem to get into trouble trying to get everything to run smoothly, so would really prefer to do it at my leisure
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

crippstor

Personally, so long as it is broken up into 1 hour blocks, I'd be happy to see TBA across the 72 guide until data is available, least it will allow me to set recordings on my own.

Madeleine IceGuide

Hi

We are currently doing some tests for 7TWO in Sydney before we establish guide data for other capital cities. (Please note that most regional areas will not be getting 7TWO until early December). We will send out an email advising subscribers of what to do to get the new channel in the next day or two.

It is still important for us to follow certain protocols when scheduling a new channel. This means that apart from the odd show that has been promoted on air, the guide for 7TWO will initially consist of short blocks of "Coming Soon". 

Thanks

Neon Kitten

Quote from: Madeleine at IceTV on October 28, 2009, 11:44:41 AM
It is still important for us to follow certain protocols when scheduling a new channel. This means that apart from the odd show that has been promoted on air, the guide for 7TWO will initially consist of short blocks of "Coming Soon". 

One day, when common sense has finally prevailed, we'll look back on this era and laugh at how utterly stupid it all was. TV networks making legal threats against a company that promotes when their shows are on? Laughable.

The commercial FTA channels just can't see the forest for the trees.

j s

Quote from: Neon Kitten on October 28, 2009, 11:06:37 PM
Quote from: Madeleine at IceTV on October 28, 2009, 11:44:41 AM

One day, when common sense has finally prevailed, we'll look back on this era and laugh at how utterly stupid it all was. TV networks making legal threats against a company that promotes when their shows are on? Laughable.

The commercial FTA channels just can't see the forest for the trees.

What's needed is legislation/regulation to force the FTA networks to release their basic schedule free of copyright as a condition of their broadcasting license. Just the time/title/subtitle would be enough.

j s

Last working day before "7 Two" - any news yet?

Daniel Hall at IceTV

The current known guide information for 7TWO is now in the guide, and the channel is enabled in the regions that will be receiving it on Sunday. An email is now on it's way out to everyone to let them know it is available.

As with any new channel full guide information will take at least two weeks before it is available.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

j s

Noticed it was there about 30 mins ago - BTW "Heroes" on Wednesday is a double episode

csutak40

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on October 30, 2009, 04:55:24 PM
The current known guide information for 7TWO is now in the guide, and the channel is enabled in the regions that will be receiving it on Sunday. An email is now on it's way out to everyone to let them know it is available.

As with any new channel full guide information will take at least two weeks before it is available.
There is something in the water in Melbourne. :(  My main ISP has crashed, can't send or receive posts through them.  My main computer has also crashed :( so I can't get to my address book to notify people to send posts to an alternative address. That is a problem, as I expecting some important posts from a committee I'm on.  I also have TED etc on that PC as well as MCE, so I can't set up anything now. 

I have been studying the guide for 72 and noticed Brothers & Sisters on Thursday at lunchtime.  Any way of knowing if this is a new ep, or a repeat?
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

prl

Does anyone know what's happening with Seven's regional affiliates? The IceTV web page doesn't have the new service in their ACT guide yet.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing