Good Game ABC1 tonight - it's a repeat

Started by Neon Kitten, October 23, 2009, 08:51:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neon Kitten

Err, yes, as the subject line says :)

Friday night's "Good Game" on ABC1 is always a repeat of the Monday ABC2 screening.

Just noticed my Beyonwiz has scheduled the repeat to record, which means someone forgot to set the repeat flag ;)

Mitch IceGuide

Thanks. The 'ABC person' has been made aware. Cheers

Neon Kitten

Quote from: Mitch IceGuide on October 24, 2009, 04:53:09 PM
Thanks. The 'ABC person' has been made aware. Cheers

The "ABC Person" is still marking Good Game's Friday repeat as first-run.

Mitch IceGuide

It is now marked as repeat and of course technically you're right. It's shown on ABC2 first as you've already pointed out. There are those who would like the 'r' left off, but in the name of consistency, we will mark as 'r'. There are other threads regarding what is a 'network premiere' and what is a true 'first-run'. Generally, if we know for sure something has been on previously, we mark as a repeat. Obvious examples of this are most of the programs on 'Go!'. I don't think they're make new eps of 'Hogan's Heroes' as they claim.

Some we won't know and won't get right, but better to have the recording than not because of a bad guess. If we had an army of people examining every program, we'd pledge 100% 'r' accuracy. So we don't. 99% is still pretty good though. Happy for you to yell out however when you notice any examples of these 'network premiere' claims. It's nearly as good as the 'Special New Time' claims for randomly changing program time-slots.

Neon Kitten

Quote from: Mitch IceGuide on November 15, 2009, 02:15:04 PM
It is now marked as repeat and of course technically you're right. It's shown on ABC2 first as you've already pointed out. There are those who would like the 'r' left off, but in the name of consistency, we will mark as 'r'. There are other threads regarding what is a 'network premiere' and what is a true 'first-run'.

Well, if the ABC is claiming the Friday broadcast as a "network premiere" then they're full of it. The network is the ABC, and that network premieres the show on Monday nights on ABC2, on the ABC network!

QuoteGenerally, if we know for sure something has been on previously, we mark as a repeat. Some we won't know and won't get right, but better to have the recording than not because of a bad guess.

True, but in the case of Good Game I can 100% guarantee you that the Friday night screening on ABC1 is always a repeat. Has been since they started doing the Friday night screening years ago.

And since everyone using Ice has digital, it being the first screening on ABC Analogue is not relevant ;)

prl

Quote from: Neon Kitten on November 15, 2009, 02:22:00 PM
Quote from: Mitch IceGuide on November 15, 2009, 02:15:04 PM
It is now marked as repeat and of course technically you're right. It's shown on ABC2 first as you've already pointed out. There are those who would like the 'r' left off, but in the name of consistency, we will mark as 'r'. There are other threads regarding what is a 'network premiere' and what is a true 'first-run'.

Well, if the ABC is claiming the Friday broadcast as a "network premiere" then they're full of it. The network is the ABC, and that network premieres the show on Monday nights on ABC2, on the ABC network!
I think that that's a reference to the topic I started about Midsomer Murders. Which started off this season as genuinely new episode, but they aren't any more.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing