Repeat flags not working in Win7MC via BigScreen EPG

Started by dJOS, October 22, 2009, 11:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dJOS

Hi Ice Guy's & Gal's, the Repeat flags dont seem to be working properly in Win7MC via BigScreen EPG - eg Family Guy (ch7) on tonight (atm) has "(repeat)" in the info but 7MC is still recording it despite my series having only "New" episodes set to record - this seems to be the case with some other shows too (not all tho).
My Home Theatre Project

Quad Tuner 7MC box now replaced by 2x TiVo's HD's by order of the Wife!

tonymy01

Certainly this is a show I get interactive to record on my Beyonwiz for only new eps, and it works fine, but have no idea all those WMC terms flying around what they have to do with Interactive (now I have a vista box, I have had a taste of a media centre experience... albeit without *any* EPG thanks to no EIT and I don't want to be stuffing around for days setting up ICE for it when I won't really use it that often).   OT:But WMC is pretty polished, I am surprised actually... my new PC was my first exposure to it, and it is certainly ok for what it is (a small bit of software on a PC).
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

dJOS

BigScreen EPG is a peice of data loader software for windows 7 Media Center which can use the IceTV XML data set - I prefer it over ICE Interactive as it also enables 7MC's additional metadata function (normally only works in the USA) + allows you to use station logos in place of channel numbers.

http://bigscreenglobal.com/defaultbg.aspx
My Home Theatre Project

Daniel Hall at IceTV

I have checked and those shows are marked as repeats, you would be best to bring this one up with Niall as we have no control over how BSE injects the guide into Windows 7.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

dJOS

Quote from: Daniel Hall on October 23, 2009, 09:41:12 AM
I have checked and those shows are marked as repeats, you would be best to bring this one up with Niall as we have no control over how BSE injects the guide into Windows 7.

thanks Daniel, I'll raise it with him.
My Home Theatre Project

dJOS

Btw, i no longer seem to have the problem - I suspect some left over EIT data was responsible!  ::)
My Home Theatre Project

dJOS

A slight variation on this topic has re-occured in the last few weeks:

Shows that have been recorded (eg F1 GP's) are showing as repeats in 7MC's descriptions (not in the EPG itself) despite the fact that a/ they aren't repeats & b/ they where recorded as 1st run shows only.

Any ideas?
My Home Theatre Project

dJOS

ice Guy's and Gal's, any ideas?

Quote from: dJOS on June 07, 2010, 02:24:22 PM
A slight variation on this topic has re-occured in the last few weeks:

Shows that have been recorded (eg F1 GP's) are showing as repeats in 7MC's descriptions (not in the EPG itself) despite the fact that a/ they aren't repeats & b/ they where recorded as 1st run shows only.

Any ideas?
My Home Theatre Project