Go! Out by one hour after daylight savings

Started by univex, October 04, 2009, 09:36:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

univex

Go! Sydney, Windows 7.
Missed my recordings of Big Bang Theory (No Biggie) as Go! data is out by an hour and I recorded South Park instead. All other stations fine, refreshed data manually to no avail.

Not liking this service. Unlikely to renew, does not cost much, however not much benefit over free stream information.

univex

Now it seems that 9 and 10 are out too. Channel 7 & ABC etc. are fine. This sucks I am going back to the built in guide stream.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

This looks like a Windows 7 only issue as other devices are working correctly in Sydney.

One question, have you disabled the the loading of the inband guide?

QuoteTip: Disable EIT guide data
Once you get the IceTV guide data working, you won't need (or want) the limited guide data that's sent over the air with digital channels.  Here's how to disable it:

* Go to Tasks / Settings / TV / Guide / Edit Channels.
    * Click one of the channel names that you've enabled with a check mark (for example: ABC1-IceTV).
    * Click "Edit Listings", and then click "Disable Inband".  Then click Save, and then Save again, to take you back to the Edit Channels page.
    * Repeat for each enabled IceTV channel, then click Save on the Edit Channels page when done.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

nac6

Hey guys,

I had problems (in Melbourne) but it seems to have fixed itself.

I did't disable inband guide during my install, why would not doing this be an issue?

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: nac6 on October 06, 2009, 02:04:30 PM
Hey guys,

I had problems (in Melbourne) but it seems to have fixed itself.

I did't disable inband guide during my install, why would not doing this be an issue?

Without disabling the inband guide loading there is a chance that the inband guide will conflict with the IceTV guide information and then you get the problem you saw.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

so_bored8008

I had a similar problem, but then i realized that my system clock had gone ahead 2 hours instead of 1 for daylight savings :S soon as i changed it everything was perfect again. So have a look at your clock.

Probably not the problem, but it's worth checking ^_^

univex

Fixed the problem by having to run through setup again. Inband was disabled however guide was litered with stream data. Sent screen shots to support and everything. It seemed to fix the time shift problem, however I have just noticed that although the data seems to be much cleaner I am still having issues with Go! showing Late movie and late late movie in the guide data. this is despite inband being diabled.