Legal challenge from Nine Network

Started by tick007, May 31, 2006, 05:56:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc

Quote from: impact on October 20, 2006, 04:53:28 PM
So after a week of opening statements, arguments, fingers pointing, yelling, and other verbal abuse.... (Well I guess no one shook hands and thanked each other in any of the days...)

Any comments from Icetv about the proceedings - and I realise of course no comments on details etc... But it might be nice for all the users here to have a little update like;

Arguments completed / closing statements made / now await the judge to make a decision and comments which may take 30 or 60 or 90 days....
Nothing yet I'm afraid.

It's one of those "we won't really know until we know" things.

j s

Quote from: impact on October 20, 2006, 04:53:28 PM(Well I guess no one shook hands and thanked each other in any of the days...)
The barristers probably did!  After all, without the other, neither would have been able to charge anywhere near the same amount in fees. Both sides used SC's I believe. They most likely shared a drink or two at the club afterwards.

Am I being cynical? Or just realistic?

pvogel

I sat through the final day of the hearing last week and made a few notes. You can see my summary of the issues (my personal view only, of course) on my blog: http://www.vogelross.com.au/blog

Peter Vogel

kjfarrell

pvogel

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: kjfarrell on March 20, 2007, 07:38:21 PM
Any updates?

We are still awaiting a judgment from the Federal Court.

As soon as we have been given a judgment in relation to our battle with Ch9 we will inform all IceTV subscribers & Forum members officially.

Any comments posted by forum members that are not employees of IceTV cannot be treated as gospel.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

machunter46

Marc

Quote from: machunter46 on April 20, 2007, 07:57:38 PM
And another month has passed!
Sure has. The situation is still the same though. There will definitely be a post here when we know, no matter what the outcome.

mtb

Beyonwiz DP-P2, Epson EH-TW5500, Pioneer VSXLX52 & BDP-320, Screen Technics 100” screen, WD Live TV x2, 6Tb NAS (Linux)
Beyonwiz DP-S1, VIERA TH-42PA60A
HTC Desire (rooted) Froyo
Topfield 5000MP

kjfarrell

Today's the day ladies and gentlemen. 9:30am there will be a verdict.  :o

philzgr8

Congratulations IceTV on winning this one. We will now all breathe a fairly heavy sigh of relief.

Marc

Quote from: philzgr8 on August 09, 2007, 11:48:59 AM
Congratulations IceTV on winning this one. We will now all breathe a fairly heavy sigh of relief.
Sure will!

There's a little bit more info here: http://www.icetv.com.au/news/?p=44

It's great to finally just be able to focus on making the service better. We have grand plans for this. Strap yourself in an hang on tight ;)

mtb

Excellent news guys, sanity reigns at last.
Beyonwiz DP-P2, Epson EH-TW5500, Pioneer VSXLX52 & BDP-320, Screen Technics 100” screen, WD Live TV x2, 6Tb NAS (Linux)
Beyonwiz DP-S1, VIERA TH-42PA60A
HTC Desire (rooted) Froyo
Topfield 5000MP

h45e

Should ICE TV celebrate by giving a discount to the customers ;oP