Everything ABC1 is listed as ABC HD

Started by Neon Kitten, October 01, 2009, 06:30:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neon Kitten

Just noticed this last night when not just Tara, but also At The Movies and Hungry Beast (neither of which are HD) were recorded from ABC HD -

All ABC1 content is currently being mirrored in the ABC HD listings in Melbourne, regardless of whether it's HD or not.

And yes, I have checked that my "copy SD shows to HD" setting is turned off :)

prl

I reported the same think thing (ACT guide) last Friday (25 Sep). I got no responses.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Neon Kitten

Quote from: prl on October 01, 2009, 10:06:02 AM
I reported the same think (ACT guide) last Friday (25 Sep). I got no responses.

And it looks like that trend continues ;)

prl

Quote from: Neon Kitten on October 01, 2009, 05:48:39 PM
Quote from: prl on October 01, 2009, 10:06:02 AM
I reported the same think (ACT guide) last Friday (25 Sep). I got no responses.

And it looks like that trend continues ;)

At least you're getting responses from another forumite. I got nothing at all :'(
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Neon Kitten

Kinda sorta patiently impatiently still waiting on some kind, any kind of response on this one, Ice.

Mitch IceGuide

This deserves true technical response. But until our intrepid tech is back from holiday, can I ask what the problems really are with having ABC1 mirrored to ABD-HD? I'm obviously missing something.

Gary

Quote from: Mitch IceGuide on October 10, 2009, 12:09:20 PM
This deserves true technical response. But until our intrepid tech is back from holiday, can I ask what the problems really are with having ABC1 mirrored to ABD-HD? I'm obviously missing something.
The most obvious is that news and current affairs shows are NSW/Sydney ones - not the best if you are in Melbourne and wanted Melbourne. :)

Less important, between shows you often get coming next still shots and music rather than the usual fill.

Mitch IceGuide

The first issue could (with ABC permission) be countered by us just changing to 'ABC News' but I was unaware of the between programming slide shows. Fair point. Ok, we shall rethink this one and hopefully come up with something more useful. Thanks.

prl

Quote from: Mitch IceGuide on October 10, 2009, 12:09:20 PM
Lack of control over whether you get the non-HD shows copied into the HD program.

I'd be in favour of having the Copy SD to HD checkbox being on by default, but I'd still like to have the ability to control whether SD is copied to HD on ABC and SBS.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use