Strange Behaviour With Series Recording

Started by whitford, September 17, 2009, 10:07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitford

I notice this behaviour:
- Update guide (Task scheduler) at 15.00
- Go to guide, and obviously a new day worth of guide data appears on the guide.
- In this "new date" - i.e., 6 days from today's date, none of the series recording has the red button recording signs, and if you go to scheduled recording, they don't appear either.
- Somehow by around 20.00 --> all seems to be ok. i.e., the new date series recording red button appears again.
- Obviously this doesn't seem to affect any of the recording, as these problem is for a data 1 week in advance, and seems to fix itself after a few hours.

- Just wondering whether any other people has the same issue.
- I just noticed this in the past few days.

Thanks....

whitford

A moderator in XP Mediacenter forum suggested:

"As for the time taken for Windows Search to index the new EPG data, the MSDN docs indicate there is a scheduled task you can run that will kick off the re-indexing (as opposed to the re-register task)".

Therefore:
- Should this re indexing is added as part of the icetv batch file?

dgaust

I mentioned it here as well... given the warning to do it with Mediacentre closed, I'm not sure IceTV should recommending it to users as an inclusion in the batch file. At least until they've (or someone else has) done sufficient testing. As the guide is usually indexed within 24 hours, and if you're running the scheduled task every 24 hours you shouldn't miss any scheduled recordings.

whitford

Any idea when will IceTV fix this problem???? I'm seriously considering the value of this paid service... It's been few months now, and no fix?? May be IceTV should read this post: http://www.xpmediacentre.com.au/community/windows-7-media-center-software/39641-media-center-data-updates-3.html to fix the problem.

Russell at IceTV

Quote from: whitford on September 17, 2009, 10:07:06 PM
I notice this behaviour:
- Update guide (Task scheduler) at 15.00
- Go to guide, and obviously a new day worth of guide data appears on the guide.
- In this "new date" - i.e., 6 days from today's date, none of the series recording has the red button recording signs, and if you go to scheduled recording, they don't appear either.
- Somehow by around 20.00 --> all seems to be ok. i.e., the new date series recording red button appears again.
- Obviously this doesn't seem to affect any of the recording, as these problem is for a data 1 week in advance, and seems to fix itself after a few hours.

This is because our scheduling engine only sends recording tasks down to the PVR if the show's start time is within the next 5 days (actually 5 x 24 hours from the current time).  We found that some PVRs had problems dealing with schedule tasks for shows that weren't in their guide yet, so this prevents those errors from happening.  The web site will display the shows as "queued", and then they'll be sent down to the PVR and changed to "scheduled" once they're within 5 days.

Russell

Russell at IceTV

Quote from: whitford on September 18, 2009, 10:56:14 AM
A moderator in XP Mediacenter forum suggested:

"As for the time taken for Windows Search to index the new EPG data, the MSDN docs indicate there is a scheduled task you can run that will kick off the re-indexing (as opposed to the re-register task)".

Therefore:
- Should this re indexing is added as part of the icetv batch file?

Our new Interactive program for Windows 7 takes care of starting the indexing task each time after the guide data is loaded, so you should see the new shows appear pretty quickly.

Russell

whitford

Thanks... At least I understand now. Will install the interactive feature, and see what happens..

Thanks again...