New User - Topfield 2400 - Reservation Problems

Started by dingers, September 10, 2009, 04:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adama

I heard back from ICE tech support about my yellow alert issues and timers starting late.

It seems that hitting "resend timers" on the ICE page is ONLY meant to be used on initial setup of your device (ie your 2400 has just been formatted back to factory state).  When I was doing this during my testing, it would turn every timer into a yellow alert as it was unable to overwrite what it had already put in the timers list.

Moral: Just let it send timers in it's own good time (<1 hour).

As for leaving it on "autotime' - this is still a must.  I don't like the fact that it seems 1 minute slow, or that you can't add pre-padding (like SO many others have wanted), but at least it eliminates the issue of sending timers that start 3-4 mins after their scheduled starting time.
Matt

Topfield 2400 Masterpiece
Topfield 5000 Masterpiece

Vortical

I'd implore all 2400 owners who want Pre-Padding added to the feature list to write an email to Topfield asking for it.
info@itopfield.com.au

The more people that want it the more likely it will be that the feature will get added in a future firmware update.

JPP

Have done so just now Vortical  :). Copy of email below.

Hi,

I’ve been fairly active in having a close look at this new PVR. Overall a very nice and mature product considering it’s very recent release.

There are some issues with it that you are probably aware off, and I’ve written up my findings on the DTV Forum â€" see the link below

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtopic=82403&view=findpost&p=1416801

There have also been some feature requests from various posters, amongst them pre-padding of recording reservations being high up on the list.

I look forward to your comments on my findings and please let me know if I can be of any assistance to you in nailing down the listed issues.

Kind Regards,

Philip.

Let's see if we get any feedback.
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

AndrewT

Just purchased the 2400 today.Very nice picture quality on my LCD and came with the latest firmware installed  - so far no problems with the IceTV EPG and sending reservations.Good to see that the program names are now displayed in the reservation list.

One possibly weird thing is that I am unable select programs on the EPG unless it has a blank entry in it(ABC 3 is the only one)- have to go to the favorites list or channel up/down.

Is that normal?

JPP

Quote from: AndrewT on October 17, 2009, 05:55:24 PM
Just purchased the 2400 today.Very nice picture quality on my LCD and came with the latest firmware installed  - so far no problems with the IceTV EPG and sending reservations.Good to see that the program names are now displayed in the reservation list.

One possibly weird thing is that I am unable select programs on the EPG unless it has a blank entry in it(ABC 3 is the only one)- have to go to the favorites list or channel up/down.

Is that normal?
Yes, that is normal with ICETV EPG, but it's not what most people would like to see. Have a look at the OZ Toppy Forum for more discussion on that. If using FTA EPG, you can just enter the channel number.
Phil.

JPP

Quote from: JPP on September 30, 2009, 03:19:39 PM
Have done so just now Vortical  :). Copy of email below.

Hi,

I’ve been fairly active in having a close look at this new PVR. Overall a very nice and mature product considering it’s very recent release.

There are some issues with it that you are probably aware off, and I’ve written up my findings on the DTV Forum â€" see the link below

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtopic=82403&view=findpost&p=1416801

There have also been some feature requests from various posters, amongst them pre-padding of recording reservations being high up on the list.

I look forward to your comments on my findings and please let me know if I can be of any assistance to you in nailing down the listed issues.

Kind Regards,

Philip.

Let's see if we get any feedback.
Well, a month has passed and no direct contact or acknowledgement from Toppro on these issues.
Phil.

Vortical

Keep sending every week until you get an answer and complain about no response each time.

Maybe even write to Topfield Korea explaining your not getting a response if it keeps getting unanswered
http://www.topfield.co.kr/eng/support/contact.asp

JPP

Quote from: Vortical on December 27, 2009, 10:25:28 PM
Keep sending every week until you get an answer and complain about no response each time.

Maybe even write to Topfield Korea explaining your not getting a response if it keeps getting unanswered
http://www.topfield.co.kr/eng/support/contact.asp

I have just sent off a response/query to Topfield Korea:

Hi,

I have been reporting on problems with my 2400 since September this year (2009) and have not had a direct response from you regarding the ICETV issue that I have been posting on in the itopfield Forum here:

http://www.itopfield.com.au/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=218&PN=1&title=icetv-on-the-2400-issues

In particular, since the release of the DEC 1.07 Beta FW, I am STILL having ICETV problems. More here:

http://www.itopfield.com.au/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=218&PID=3046&title=icetv-on-the-2400-issues#3046

I would appreciate an acknowledgement of the issue and some kind of timeline as to when you hope to have a fix for this.

I would hate the 2400 and 7100+ PVRs to become as infamous as the 7x00 series, but unless there is a fix for this in the very near future, I am afraid that Topfield's reputation will be irrepairably damaged.
Phil.

adama

I continue to have between 5-10 series timers a month go to yellow alerts for no reason.

Just last night I came home late from work and found Ch 9 6pm News and ACA had not recorded.  Upon closer inspection on the on-line ICE guide  I found another 5 upcoming series recordings over the next 2-3 days were also yellow alerts.

I've given up on the everyday ICE timers; deleted all of them and set them manually on the toppy.  Hey at least I can pre-pad the recordings and not have frustrating yellow alerts & missing shows.

The only reason I continue with my ICE subscription is the convenience of one off movies / shows that I can simply reserve when I'm flicking through the guide at work.

I should really put pen to paper and let the good people at Topfield know all is not well....

???
Matt

JPP

Quote from: adama on February 25, 2010, 05:44:44 PM
I continue to have between 5-10 series timers a month go to yellow alerts for no reason.

Just last night I came home late from work and found Ch 9 6pm News and ACA had not recorded.  Upon closer inspection on the on-line ICE guide  I found another 5 upcoming series recordings over the next 2-3 days were also yellow alerts.

I've given up on the everyday ICE timers; deleted all of them and set them manually on the toppy.  Hey at least I can pre-pad the recordings and not have frustrating yellow alerts & missing shows.

The only reason I continue with my ICE subscription is the convenience of one off movies / shows that I can simply reserve when I'm flicking through the guide at work.

I should really put pen to paper and let the good people at Topfield know all is not well....

???
My posts today on the Toppy Forum may relate to your problem - network disconnection at the time your Toppy goes on-line. Have a read of it here:

http://www.itopfield.com.au/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=694&PID=6537&title=no-icetv-timers-after-network-disconnect#6537
Phil.

adama

???   ???

Cr@p!  I just lost Top Gear for the second week in a row thanks to a yellow alert!

Yet another series I will have to cancel on ICE and set the old fashioned way on the Toppy 2400 itself.

Not happy....

>:(
Matt