Record ABC1 and ABCHD?

Started by srto2, September 07, 2009, 03:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srto2

I've scheduled ABC1 News and ABCHD News to record today.  Is that going to cause a problem?  I record ABC1 News every day and only want to record HD as well today...

Regards,
Rob

tonymy01

I presume this is for your Beyonwiz?  Why would you think it would be a problem?  Are both shows highlighted in the ICE Interactive guide?  Has it scheduled both timers (red cricket balls rather than donuts)?
Obviously ICE can't answer for the vagaries of all the different PVRs out there, but the Wiz has two timer slots that will record two simultaneous things regardless of the channel.
Regards

Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

srto2

Quote from: tonymy01 on September 07, 2009, 03:23:53 PM
I presume this is for your Beyonwiz?  Why would you think it would be a problem?  Are both shows highlighted in the ICE Interactive guide?  Has it scheduled both timers (red cricket balls rather than donuts)?
Obviously ICE can't answer for the vagaries of all the different PVRs out there, but the Wiz has two timer slots that will record two simultaneous things regardless of the channel.
Regards

Well, as you might remember, ICE seems to have a downer on recording ABC News on my machine at the best of times.  It also has a habit of deleting my (manually set) daily EPG Update timer.  Particularly on Wednesdays.  As today is a Monday I might be OK.   Whether or not the donuts are solid, red or grey does not always seem to have any relevance to the Wiz itself in my case.

In a nutshell, the Wiz never stuffs a timer if it is disconnected from the 'net, and when Interactive is working it works well, but I'm not convinced the bugs are ironed out yet.  Hence the question.  Especially because the last time I recorded both SD and HD news services, Interactive went ape after I was rash enough to cancel any subsequent HD timers, and it took a bit of timer cancelling and re-creating to restore ops normal.

A_G

Pleased to see I am not the only one. I have a Topfield and previously had problems with getting ABC news to record. Gave it up and now limit myself to two news programs a day....

Somehow recently the 7 news recorded on both SD and HD (I only set it to record on HD) so it shouldn't be a problem.