NSW Central Coast Guide Showing (finale) Or (serie) In Show Title

Started by freddyfinn, September 07, 2009, 11:11:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

freddyfinn

Whats the go with the IceTv guide showing (finale) Or (serie) in the title.  There is a major problem when (finale) appears as the scheduled programs fail to record when set as a series.  Talkin Bout My Generation (finale) was a prime example.

Below is a current example:

"The Beast (serie)" as shown in the IcTv guide.

"The Beast (serie)_ABC2_2009_09_01_20_43_00" As recorded.

If (serie) is removed the show will fail to record alternativly if you add (finale) to a show set to record as a series then it fails as well

I checked the EIT guide on the other Media Center machines in my house and the EIT data just shows the title "The Beast" which discounts the theory EIT data is being shown.
I only run IceTv on the main Media Center machine all other machines use EIT.
Whats going on with the added () in the title?

Madeleine IceGuide

Hi

"The Beast" is an example of a program where it was necessary to put something in brackets in the title because there was already a series called The Beast in our database. (It's not possible to have two programs with exactly the same name. It should have read "series" not "serie", this was a typo, but we've left it alone in case it interferes with series recordings. The Beast (serie) will continue to have this title until its first run has finished.)

However, we never add "finale" or "premiere" to program titles. I've double checked and all showings of Talkin Bout Your Generation in the ICE schedule have only had the same program title. It does seem like you're seeing/using mixed EIT/ICE data.

Thanks

freddyfinn

Hi  Madeleine,

Thanks for the clarification.  I am wondering if this is a windows 7 bug. 
I can absolutely guarentee all EIT data was off and this has only happened on Southern Cross Ten.  There was another season finale about a month ago that popped up in the guide.  It didn't affect me because it was not a program I record normally but I remarked to my wife because I had never seen it before then it made an appearance on Talkin Bout My Generation and haven't seen it since.