guide wont go past GO

Started by gadgetchick, August 21, 2009, 06:25:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gadgetchick

Program guide is doing some weird things since I rescanned to get GO. After months of problem free viewing and recording its all gone pear shaped. 

Problem 1. Currently the guide will not scroll forward past 99 - previously it would just loop around. 

Problem 2. If I scroll backwards the date changes .  ie I go back from abc 21 to abc 20 and the day changes from Fri 21 to Mon 24....

Problem 3. OneHD  (11) guide is showing the GO channels program listing.....

Ughhh I hate change    ???

Vortical

Have you double checked your channel mapping under both your IceTV Members account on the IceTV website
and
If you have a 7100 have you also double checked your Channel Mapping on the pvr?
If you have a Beyonwiz have you cleared your IceTV Cache on the pvr?

gadgetchick

Thanks for responding,  I have a toppy 7100...

The mapping in my member account is set to  send to pvr as lcn 'all'   for all channels

Do I need to change the mapping on the toppy?  I've never had to do this before.

Vortical

You will need to double check it as duplicate lcn's exist for regional and metro areas of the state.

It's always the first thing I do after IceTV has been enabled in the epg settings and the guide has been retrieved for the first time after a firmware update or factory reset.

I think IceTV is trying to overcome this issue with the account settings having the opeion to pick the lcn numbers which are pretty much the numbers you would enter to change to that channel on the pvr.

Also what firmware version are you using on the 7100, as the issues your describing sound very strange.
It might also pay to switch to Air EPG, power cycle and switch back to Ice EPG and see if the pvr still has weird entries.

gadgetchick

I know I'm running on old firmware  1.11.29  but is 'was' stable until now and its a headache to upgrade as I have a lot of stuff recorded that needs backing up first....   Its on my to do list....

I checked the mapping and OneHD (11) was not mapped so I have fixed that and now its not 'GO'

However the other problems remain, ie not being able to scroll past GO using the  'next service' in the guide and using previous service switches to a different day....

I know, I know, upgrade...  but it was all working before....  :-(

tonymy01

If it is anything like the 5K, if the multiview guide has a big gap in it, it can jump to the beginning of the gap IIRC.
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

gadgetchick

Well I made sure there were no gaps, all the channels mapped and it still wouldnt scroll past GO.  Of interest tho' there were two GO's...  90 and 99 I think.  I deleted one and both disappeared...  And now I'm able to scroll around (with no GO)

I'll manage without GO until I get time to upgrade, not much on GO that interests me anyway.

tonymy01

You must delete every channel on Nine (so 9,90,99) and rescan your Nine frequency (VHF8 in most areas).   Having duplicates confuses the PVR engine that datafills the ICE, and until all the service details are correct, you will end up with problems until you delete all the mess Nine made and start again.
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).