This show on the ABC, is not sport. 
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

prl

Quote from: csutak40 on August 24, 2009, 01:52:15 AM
This show on the ABC, is not sport. 
:D

It seems to have been fixed now (ACT guide).
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Madeleine IceGuide

Oops, sorry about that. The genre has been fixed now.

zoszos68

Did someone think it was old Cricket from 1981 :)
Kevin

prl

Quote from: zoszos68 on August 28, 2009, 03:15:54 AM
Did someone think it was old Cricket from 1981 :)
Kevin
Gene probably is pretty handy with a cricket bat. He just doesn't use it to play cricket :)
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

tonymy01

Hehe.   I watched the US version of Life on Mars which I believe ended quite differently to the UK version, so when I started watching "Ashes to Ashes" I decided I had better see what the UK version of Life on Mars was like first (partly to see if the lead character of Ashes to Ashes actually fits into the original series somehow), so acquired the two seasons and have been watching them shotgun style (and keep falling asleep all the time as I tend to watch at 1am...argh... so not entirely an effective shotgun there).   Definitely "different" to the US version, not quite the spit and polish on it.    Funny that Room13B neighbour chick becomes the bar tender (in the order I watched them in.. obviously it is the other way around in reality).
Definitely is different though, Sam in the US version kind of slowly builds a report with the team, where as in the UK version he is always battling DS Ray Carling and certainly Gene to a lesser amount.
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

mtb

Quote from: tonymy01 on August 28, 2009, 11:58:37 AM
... Definitely is different though, Sam in the US version kind of slowly builds a report with the team, where as in the UK version he is always battling DS Ray Carling and certainly Gene to a lesser amount.
According to an article I read recently, the writer/creator of the UK series has pretty much disowned the US series.  Seems the premature end of the UK Life on Mars was brought about by the lead actor John Simm) not wanting to do a third series.  Seems they are about to film a third series of Ashes to Ashes, which is promised to be the last and which will tie off many of the loose ends in both series.
Beyonwiz DP-P2, Epson EH-TW5500, Pioneer VSXLX52 & BDP-320, Screen Technics 100” screen, WD Live TV x2, 6Tb NAS (Linux)
Beyonwiz DP-S1, VIERA TH-42PA60A
HTC Desire (rooted) Froyo
Topfield 5000MP

prl

There has already been a hint in the current series of Ashes to Ashes about what happened to Sam at the end of the last episode of Life on Mars.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

tonymy01

Yep, got that, and decided from that point to watch the UK series.   So up to series 3 of Ashes to Ashes almost already?!?  Wow, so we almost two behind?
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).