Icebox2 WPA security not working

Started by tex515, July 30, 2009, 06:37:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tex515

I found a couple of threads that raised this issue before but no clear solution so I am hoping someone out there has had a similar experience and found a solution. 

I have an IceBox2 running firmware 200608301537 which I am trying to connect to my home network though a Speed Touch 585V6 router.  I can get it to connect happily using WEP but no matter what configuration I try I can’t get it to connect using WPA/WPA2. I have two laptops which connect happily to the router and it is just the Icebox2 which is being stubborn. I have tried shorter keys down to the minium 8.

I have upgraded the firmware on the router however without any change.  I am currently living in the UK and as such have discontinued my IceTV subscription and just want to use the Icebox2 to backup files off the Toppy. Is the firmware on the Icebox2 that I am using the latest and if not is there a way to access the latest?

I see in one thread that I might need to change the bridge using SSH?  Can anyone shead more light on this and how to do it?

2 nights of frustration is enough, help!

tex515

I got the following settings from machunter over on the topfield forum and my icebox now connects

1.Wireless - Enabled
2. SSID -******
3 Security WPA/WPA2
4 WPA Mode- WPA-PSK
5. WPA Crypto TKIP
6. My current password has 15 alphanumeric characters. Some discussions on this board have suggest there is an upper limit to password length

hope this is a solution for others too