Downloading Guide stops at 0 percent complete

Started by mackillop, May 09, 2006, 04:01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mackillop

I have installed Update Rollup 2 and the Jan 06 release of the rollup for the rollup and still my IceTV Guide will not download.  I have run thru the MCE setup a few times and tried a whole heap of fixes in Aaron Stebner's Weblog at http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/articles/526231.aspx
but to no avail.  The setup will download the IceTV Guide as the only option in Australia, but then when I go to the next step to begin downloading the listings, the icon appears in the taskbar but then just sits there at 0% complete.

I know, not much to go on, but is this a problem folks are having out there?
Thanks,
MacKillop

mackillop

Another tidbit, it was working fine as of 01 May 06, and I haven't been able to get it to work properly since I installed the Rollup 2 that day and the Jan rollup to Rollup 2 the next day trying to fix it.  I have installed no other software or made other changes to the system, so I guess it was the initial Rollup according to my reading of the relevant forums...  There are no windows updates that I can find or my system finds when scanned, so I am all caught up on those as well.

mackillop

What is interesting is that the Yahoo widget to view the IceTV guide data works and is able to download the data no worries, so again we are back to the Media Center Edition causing the problem not anything on my network.  I see a few folks have viewed this post, any of you from IceTV that can help me with this????

We use this in our library to digital record and stream free-to-air programs to classrooms and I am now getting a bit more flak from library and teaching staff that I cannot get this to work.  We are having to manually record items, which is quite inconvenient to say the least...

Please help :)!

BJReplay

Two comments.

You might need to system restore prior to installing the rollup - since that apparently broke it.

You should e-mail support or phone support (as per http://www.icetv.com.au/contactus.php).

mackillop

Hello All, I called IceTV and had a chat with Daniel and it turns out it was a database error on their side of some description and all is well now, can download and use the Guide data no worries.  So, I guess don't always assume it was something you did, call their help line as they are quick to help and don't fob you off like Telstra and some ISPs!! :)

pvogel

Pleased tp hear your problem was resolved - could you tell us what the problem and resolution was (may help others in the future).

Thanks

Peter

mackillop

I will have to let Daniel comment on that as all I was told that it was a database issue on their side.  Sorry, can't be more specific than that.  That's why it is a good idea to call them right away before messing up your MCE setup like I was doing...

BJReplay

Quotecall their help line as they are quick to help

Yep, that's the benefit of a paid service. 8)

pvogel

Dan tells me he thinks the problem was that the system had changed its ID so it was no longer registered with our database. This typically happens when there is a Microsoft software update.

We have built a feature into the latest PIMP client that resets the ID and updates the guide at a time specified by the users.

You can also tell it to restart the scheduling system, which is a workaround for the MCE bug that causes the random "can't sechedule a recording" problem.

If anyone would like to join the PIMP beta program drop me an email.

peter.vogel@icetv.com.au