Upcoming - no option to show All devices

Started by RogerTF1, July 29, 2009, 06:55:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RogerTF1

Small point that I thought was just on the web version but its the same on iphone. I normally have a quick look at upcoming to see what is scheduled just in case I have missed something. I have two Beyonwizs - now I have to check both from the device drop down and remember what is on each list. Could we have an "All" option in that list please just as there is on the My shows screen?
Thanks

milhouseaus

I second this and as well can we have an option under our account to have it always show ALL devices? I have only just started looking at the new options under my shows and it is a massive pain in the A that the option keeps switching from showing all devices whenever I make an edit. At first I thought half my series records had gone missing but it was just that only one device was showing. Very annoying.

Russell at IceTV

Yes, an "all devices" option would be nice, I agree.  We had even planned to have it at the beginning, but then realized the complications involved when one particular show is being recorded on multiple devices. 

The My Shows page is different because it only deals with series, not individual shows, so it was easier to deal with a series being recorded on multiple devices -- we could just list all of them on separate lines.  But the guide-type pages like the TV Guide and My Upcoming Shows can't really do that as easily.  If a particular showing was being recorded by multiple devices, we'd need to somehow display all of the info for each device, as well as provide a way to cancel the episode and/or the whole series on each device. 

One option would be to just list the show multiple times on the Upcoming page as well, one for each device it was being recorded on.  That might still be a viable option, but it'll have to be in a future release.  We'll look into it though, and see what we can do.  I agree that it'd be nice to have.

I second this and as well can we have an option under our account to have it always show ALL devices? I have only just started looking at the new options under my shows and it is a massive pain in the A that the option keeps switching from showing all devices whenever I make an edit. At first I thought half my series records had gone missing but it was just that only one device was showing. Very annoying.

Yes, sorry about that, it does seem to be forgetting that you had selected the All option sometimes.  In some cases it needs to switch devices, such as when you setup a new recording -- but it really should only be switching when you were already on a specific device, not the "All" option.  We'll look into it and see if we can get it working better.

Thanks,
Russell

RogerTF1

Hi Russell Thanks for looking at it. It's a small inconvenience to put up with for the major enhancements we just received - so long as its somewhere on the to do list down the track.

Russell at IceTV

Quote from: Russell at IceTV on July 30, 2009, 09:19:55 AM

Yes, sorry about that, it does seem to be forgetting that you had selected the All option sometimes.  In some cases it needs to switch devices, such as when you setup a new recording -- but it really should only be switching when you were already on a specific device, not the "All" option.  We'll look into it and see if we can get it working better.

Thanks,
Russell

The "All" device option on the My Shows page should be working better now, and it should remember that option when you leave the My Shows page and come back to it.  Let me know if you see any more problems with it.

Thanks,
Russell

dg

Quote from: Russell at IceTV on July 30, 2009, 09:19:55 AM
.....................  If a particular showing was being recorded by multiple devices, we'd need to somehow display all of the info for each device, as well as provide a way to cancel the episode and/or the whole series on each device...................
Thanks,
Russell

I'd never want to "record the same show at the same time on different devices". This would be a waste of resources.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone with more than one device has used the "record the same show at the same time on different devices"  capability or even sees any value in it. If you do see value then do you value it over the "All" capability.

Russell, can you please consider providing the "All" function over the ability to "record the same show at the same time on different devices"

If someone ever wanted to "record the same show at the same time on different devices" then they could always set a manual timer locally outside of ICETV.

Thanks,
DG