New Interactive

Started by Trial_Master, July 29, 2009, 08:45:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dg

Quote from: prl on August 10, 2009, 07:22:36 PM
Getting back on topic, though. I see to my disappointment that the series recording that should have recorded last night's episode of Harpers Island, the final, went grey and didn't record. I did absolutely nothing to the series recording settings. There seems to still be some problems with the new scheduler.

I'm normally pretty sanguine about missed TV episodes, but even though HI was pretty ordinary drama, it would have been nice to see the ending.

At the initial changeover I missed a whole lot of shows across both of my devices.
I eventually had to

• Delete all recordings on my devices
  • Clear my ICETV cache
  • delete and recreate all of my recordings on ICETV. (This was a pain without "All")
  • Resend all recordings to devices

This seems to have fixed the problem, but I must check to see if HI actually recorded.

DG

Update: My device recorded the last HI episode.

prl

Another grey alien.

I have a series recording set for Shaun The Sheep ABC2, ACT guide, set with:
Any network
Any time
First runs & repeats
Prefer high def.
Record all

The series recording has red "Series Recording" icons set for 15:55 on Wed 12 Aug, Thu 13, and Fri 14 Aug, and a red "Queued Series Recording" for Tue 18 Aug.

But it has a grey "Queued Series Recording" for Mon 17 Aug.

I've made no changes to the Shaun recording settings since before the new Interactive started up. This is just weird.

"Interactive is a feature unique to IceTV, which enables you to create your own personalised EPG so that all your programs are found and managed for you. Saving you time and hassle so you'll never miss your favourite shows again." Or not.

Edit: I've just noticed that a similar thing has happened to my Scrapheap Challenge Series recordings (also ABC2). I have the same Series Recordings settings as for Shaun, and I'm seeing has red "Series Recording" icons set for 1830 Wed 12 Aug, Thu 13, and Fri 14 Aug, and a red "Queued Series Recording" for 1830 Tue 18 Aug.

But it has a grey "Queued Series Recording" for 0925 and 1010 Sun 16 Aug and for 1830 Mon 17 Aug.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

srto2

"Interactive is a feature unique to IceTV, which enables you to create your own personalised EPG so that all your programs are found and managed for you. Saving you time and hassle so you'll never miss your favourite shows again."

Indeed.  But unfortunately I too have to check religiously every day, and generally need to restore timers that have disappeared.

I'm giving Interactive 3/10 at this stage and will probably revert to manual until improvements are made.  If you have to check every day, as far as I am concerned it is just a pain in the arse.  I had two reasons for moving up to a Beyonwiz:  HD, of course, and ICE Interactive.

Regards,
Rob

prl

The timers I mentioned in my earlier post changed without me doing anything. Now the Sunday timers that were grey Queued Series Recordings are now red Series Recordings, and the Monday grey Queued Series Recordings are now red. Beats me what's going on!
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

mcpaton

Now I seem to be having some issues with Interactive and my Beyonwiz. I am getting grey donuts and shows not scheduling on the BW. Talkin Bout Your Generation, Law & Order SVU and Criminal Intent all worked last week, but haven't worked this week. I missed TBYG but have found the problem soon enough to save L&O...

What's happening? Why work one week, and not the next? Why only some shows? Come on guys, this is crazy!!!!
Guide Region: Regional Qld (Townsville)
PVR: Beyonwiz DP-P2 & DP-H1

tonymy01

How the heck do you edit your series recording now?  When I click on a grey donut/etc, I choose the "series details and upcoming episodes" and it shows me just the upcoming eps, and the "cancel series" and "remove favourite" and "back" options.   Don't tell me you have to go to the "My Shows" to do this... I have a massive list in there, it is not intuitive at all to have a look at a grey dot, see it is a show I may want to record, figure it probably hasn't recorded because it is a repeat and my series recording is setup to record 1st runs, but then not be able to get access to all the pull downs you normally get when setting up a series recording in the first place.  
"Cancel series" is not good enough, I don't want to cancel it, I want to confirm I only have 1st runs and perhaps alter it to 1st runs & repeats....  This really annoys me now, everytime I click on any of the "my upcoming shows" I want to be able to adjust my series for them accordingly... please fix this ICE.

Edit:
That is annoying, for my Keyword recordings, I get another button "show series options" and this gives me all the pulldowns I wanted.   So it appears the non-keyword based series are still not as feature rich as the keyword ones, despite keyword recordings obviously having the risk of false matches etc.    I just spent a bit of time converting my keyword recordings to real series recordings now we get the HD/SD option for normal series....  was this a waste of my time?    I have about 60 or 70 series & keywords... this is a lot to muck about with if anything needs checking/changing.
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

prl

Quote from: tonymy01 on August 12, 2009, 10:42:50 PM
... Don't tell me you have to go to the "My Shows" to do this...
I'm not sure how to tell you that that's what you have to do without telling that that's what you have to do :)

I agree about your comments about the user-friendliness (or lack of it).
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

I've got more grey Queued Series Recording icons for Shaun the Sheep and Scrapheap challenge. The problem persists...
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Russell at IceTV

Quote from: prl on August 14, 2009, 09:37:40 AM
I've got more grey Queued Series Recording icons for Shaun the Sheep and Scrapheap challenge. The problem persists...

Sorry about that.  We found a problem in our scheduling engine, but I think we may have it fixed now.  We'll watch it over the next few days and see.  In the mean time, we've re-run the scheduler on all of your series recordings, so they should be looking better now.

Thanks,
Russell

prl

Quote from: Russell at IceTV on August 14, 2009, 10:50:02 AM

Sorry about that.  We found a problem in our scheduling engine, but I think we may have it fixed now.  We'll watch it over the next few days and see.  In the mean time, we've re-run the scheduler on all of your series recordings, so they should be looking better now.

Thanks,
Russell
Thanks, Russell, I refreshed the page and the only grey donuts I see now are ones that should be grey. I'll keep a look out for any problems over the next few days, too.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

mcpaton

Why do I have a red series donut on tonight's Talkin Bout your Generation?
Guide Region: Regional Qld (Townsville)
PVR: Beyonwiz DP-P2 & DP-H1

Russell at IceTV

Quote from: mcpaton on August 18, 2009, 07:51:40 AM
Why do I have a red series donut on tonight's Talkin Bout your Generation?

It looks like you have a series recording setup for that on your My Shows page.

Russell

prl

Quote from: prl on August 14, 2009, 11:05:29 AM

Thanks,
Russell
Thanks, Russell, I refreshed the page and the only grey donuts I see now are ones that should be grey. I'll keep a look out for any problems over the next few days, too.
Hi, Russell. I'm still seeing grey "Queued Series Recordings" for Scrapheap Challenge (ABC2) for 0925 and 1010 Sun Aug 23, and 1830 Mon 24, and for Shaun the Sheep (ABC2) 1555 Mon Aug 24. I'm using ACT IceTV guide on a Beyonwiz DP-S1.

All of the episodes of both programs are correctly set for all days from today up to Fri Aug 21 (there aren't any episode for either on Sat).

Both recordings are set for:
Any Network
Any time
First runs & repeats
Prefer high def.
Record all

I haven't changed the recording settings since you re-ran the scheduler for me. It's getting a bit frustrating and not really up to IceTV's advertised: "all your programs are found and managed for you. Saving you time and hassle so you'll never miss your favourite shows again."
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Russell at IceTV

Quote from: prl on August 18, 2009, 09:51:14 AM
Quote from: prl on August 14, 2009, 11:05:29 AM

Thanks,
Russell
Hi, Russell. I'm still seeing grey "Queued Series Recordings" for Scrapheap Challenge (ABC2) for 0925 and 1010 Sun Aug 23, and 1830 Mon 24, and for Shaun the Sheep (ABC2) 1555 Mon Aug 24. I'm using ACT IceTV guide on a Beyonwiz DP-S1.

Oops.  It seems the bug wasn't quite fixed...  But the good news is that your account has been quite helpful in finding the bug, and I think we've actually found it now.

I've re-run the scheduler on your series recordings again, and they're fixed again, so let's see if they really do stay fixed this time.  At least we have a good way to know if it's fixed or not.  :)  The bug we found today certainly looks like it's the culprit, so maybe this will take care of it.

Thanks,
Russell

prl

Quote from: Russell at IceTV on August 18, 2009, 11:06:31 AM... But the good news is that your account has been quite helpful in finding the bug ...

Hi, Russell. Thanks, I think.  ;)

Anyway, I hope you have nailed the bug this time. Your re-running the scheduler has fixed my greyed-out Queued entries, and they're now a healthy shade of red. I'll keep an eye on them, and let you know if there are any problems.

Thanks once more for your help.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use