New Interactive

Started by Trial_Master, July 29, 2009, 08:45:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

srto2

OK, my daily update has happened and My Upcoming Shows still indicate "queued series recording" but it now shows "Neighbours" scheduled on 10 for Wednesday 10/8. 

Now I've never watched "Neighbours" in my life, and sure as hell I'd never want to record an episode  :).  And it wasn't on the list this morning and the wiz is sitting at home on its lonesome...

Please explain  ;)

Regards,
Rob

Neon Kitten

"Rush" didn't record for me last night while I was out. I presume it's another "grey circle incident".

Illegally (care factor zero) downloading it now from a torrent site.

Fix this, Ice. Come on already.

mtb

Quote from: srto2 on August 06, 2009, 03:53:31 PM
...the wiz is sitting at home on its lonesome...
There is the explanation, right in front of you - your Wiz is lonely and bored and has taken to watching daytime TV all on its own, it'll be recording The Young and the Restless next!

Seriously though, there do seem to be a few extra recordings being reported - my guess is that the (updated?) keyword engine is picking up more unintended matches that we don't expect (e.g. ashes to ashes gave me A Survivors Guide to Crashes) - though Ice found that, not me.  You might have to look closer or type each of your keywords into the search box until you find the one that triggered Neighbours.
Beyonwiz DP-P2, Epson EH-TW5500, Pioneer VSXLX52 & BDP-320, Screen Technics 100” screen, WD Live TV x2, 6Tb NAS (Linux)
Beyonwiz DP-S1, VIERA TH-42PA60A
HTC Desire (rooted) Froyo
Topfield 5000MP

srto2

Quote from: mtb on August 07, 2009, 05:44:53 PM
Seriously though, there do seem to be a few extra recordings being reported - my guess is that the (updated?) keyword engine is picking up more unintended matches that we don't expect (e.g. ashes to ashes gave me A Survivors Guide to Crashes) - though Ice found that, not me.  You might have to look closer or type each of your keywords into the search box until you find the one that triggered Neighbours.

That's a pretty good suggestion but AFIK I don't have any keyword searches active.  I have "Doctor Who" set as a favourite is all.  Maybe the keyword engine just does its own thing...

I'm hoping interactive settles down and any residual bugs get exterminated.  But I'd sooner record stuff that I didn't want, like "Neighbours" rather than have timers arbitrarily deleted.

Cheers,
Rob

A_G

Still a few problems with the new interactive. I set two programs to record on Go! on Sunday night. Both of these have shown up as being sent to the PVR (red circles) but neither has appeared on the PVR. One should have shown up as error as there is a timer clash. Something to look at...

tonymy01

Donuts, or fully enclosed?
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

mcpaton

Why do my Local News recordings show up on Interactive as "Failed" after they have recorded?
Guide Region: Regional Qld (Townsville)
PVR: Beyonwiz DP-P2 & DP-H1

prl

Quote from: mcpaton on August 08, 2009, 08:18:14 AM
Why do my Local News recordings show up on Interactive as "Failed" after they have recorded?
I see this occasionally, too (Beyonwiz DP-S1/ACT Ice Guide).
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

A_G

Quote from: tonymy01 on August 07, 2009, 07:54:26 PM

Fully coloured red circle, not doughnut..  ;)

mtb

Quote from: A_G on August 08, 2009, 01:06:53 PM

That would be a jam donut, as opposed to a ring donut then?
Beyonwiz DP-P2, Epson EH-TW5500, Pioneer VSXLX52 & BDP-320, Screen Technics 100” screen, WD Live TV x2, 6Tb NAS (Linux)
Beyonwiz DP-S1, VIERA TH-42PA60A
HTC Desire (rooted) Froyo
Topfield 5000MP

prl

Quote from: mtb on August 08, 2009, 10:59:09 PM
Quote from: A_G on August 08, 2009, 01:06:53 PM

That would be a jam donut, as opposed to a ring donut then?
Or a former US President. :)

(And yes, I know that that's not what the crowd took the phrase to mean in the speech.)
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

srto2

Quote from: prl on August 08, 2009, 11:42:50 PM.
(And yes, I know that that's not what the crowd took the phrase to mean in the speech.)

Ich bin ein Berliner?  Bah!  Ich bin Berliner danke.   ;D

prl

Quote from: srto2 on August 09, 2009, 09:32:45 AM
Quote from: prl on August 08, 2009, 11:42:50 PM.

Ich bin ein Berliner?  Bah!  Ich bin Berliner danke.   ;D
Well, probably not. "Ich bin Berliner" means pretty much "I'm a native of Berlin." Discussions I've seen online with native German speakers is that what Kennedy said was perfectly sensible and no-one would have thought that he was calling himself "ein Berliner Krapfen", largely because Berliners just call them "Pfannkuchen". Anyway, the crowd's response certainly suggests whatever the finer grammatical points are, Kennedy communicated the sense perfectly.

There's more about the status of "I am a jelly doughnut" as an urban legend in the Wikipedia entry about Kennedy's Berlin  speech.

I won't try to defend his pronunciation, though :)
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

Getting back on topic, though. I see to my disappointment that the series recording that should have recorded last night's episode of Harpers Island, the final, went grey and didn't record. I did absolutely nothing to the series recording settings. There seems to still be some problems with the new scheduler.

I'm normally pretty sanguine about missed TV episodes, but even though HI was pretty ordinary drama, it would have been nice to see the ending.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Neon Kitten

Quote from: prl on August 10, 2009, 07:22:36 PM
Getting back on topic, though. I see to my disappointment that the series recording that should have recorded last night's episode of Harpers Island, the final, went grey and didn't record. I did absolutely nothing to the series recording settings. There seems to still be some problems with the new scheduler.

Yeah, there certainly is.

I'm keeping a hawk's eye on this week's timer for "Rush" myself, which remains red at the moment but which has failed to record the past two weeks.