New Interactive

Started by Trial_Master, July 29, 2009, 08:45:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prl

Quote from: jsofikitis on July 29, 2009, 03:21:12 PM
Quote from: prl on July 29, 2009, 03:17:02 PM
No, "more than 5 days away" gives you a "queued" (donut) icon, which can be either red or grey. I had some of these grey icons inappropriately on some of my ABC timers, and I was able to fix it by changing "Pefer HD" to "Prefer SD" or ""Only SD", and then changing them back to "Prefer HD".

Thank you, that fixed it. Much appreciated.
I don't know yet whether it actually fixed mine, but the icons changed to the right colour :)
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

prl

Quote from: prl on July 29, 2009, 03:14:36 PM
Can anyone think of a use case for the "Limit" setting? The only thing that I record that it could apply to is the pair of Scrapheap Challenge episodes on ABC2 on Sunday mornings. But all I can say is that I only want one recorded, not which one, and the documentation doesn't tell me which one will actually get recorded. Just as well I want to record both.

It appears to me that it's a feature that's insufficiently powerful to be much use, and insufficiently documented to know in which circumstances it might be.
Experimentation suggests that "Limit" means "Record the first n per day". But say I wanted to record the last? Second and fourth? First and last?
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

jsofikitis

Quote from: prl on July 29, 2009, 03:28:24 PM
I don't know yet whether it actually fixed mine, but the icons changed to the right colour :)

Yeah, that's what I meant to say, that the icons changed to the right colour. Will check my topfield tonight and will post back.

melmac

Quote from: Trial_Master on July 29, 2009, 02:54:47 PM
I just tried search box on Tv Guide, entered 'movie' I have movies for next 7 days, different times etc...

Thanks I just tried again and it worked, I don't know why it didn't the first time  ???

prl

A recording that's gone into "On now" state changed its title text to orange, but changed its series recording icon to the grey queued series icon!
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

Suggestion:

A "Show Series Options" (or perhaps "Change Series Options") button when you open an existing recording in the My Upcoming Shows or in the TV Guide views. In these views, even if you click on the Series Details & Upcoming Episodes, you can't change the options for the series recording. It wouldn't harm if you could chage the series options in the Series Details & Upcoming Episodes view, too.

Edit: I see that this facility is available in the My Upcoming Shows and TV Guide views in the Widget. Why not on the Web?
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

rakhurst

Hi all, my first post so be kind.  I have a series recording which has a yellow exclamation mark next to it.  When I click on that show in "my upcoming shows" it tells me that the recording of this show failed.  When I click reschedule recording, the error dissappears but comes back soon after.  When I look on my b/wiz, it has set a timer.  Any ideas why the error message?  Should I click "resend all recordings" from my account? Thanks in advance.  Richard.

kroma

Overall, a pretty good effort. I note the daily listing header is a little messed up on Firefox though, see below.

Just give me the coffee, and no-one gets hurt!

AndrewT

Works fine and is perfectly aligned in Firefox 3.5.1 - what version of Firefox are you using and have you tried clearing the cache?

jsofikitis

Quote from: kroma on July 29, 2009, 09:56:59 PM
Overall, a pretty good effort. I note the daily listing header is a little messed up on Firefox though, see below.

I get that on Internet explorer when I view the page from work. The page renders fine from home were I run firefox 3.5.1 and safari on my iPhone.

pvogel

What doe sit mean when I get the yellow triangle icon which says "series recording failure" when I hover over it? i.e. what causes a series recording to fail?

Thanks

PV

Russell at IceTV

Quote from: Trial_Master on July 29, 2009, 11:14:24 AM
Cleared the browser cache and cookies no difference. Everything is displaying correctly but I don't see the repeat or SD entries which would have the gray Icon. The iPod Touch shows the repeat and SD entries but only because they're favourites, no Gray Icon either?

Ok, just to be sure I understand what you're seeing...  Are you looking for grey icons next to shows on the My Upcoming Shows page, or on the TV Guide page?  The My Upcoming Shows page still works as before, and only displays red series recording icons and favourites.  If the show is a favourite and also has a grey icon, then you'll see it there as well -- but if it's not a favourite, you won't see the one with the grey icon unless you switch to the TV Guide page.

It's something we're thinking about adding though, the ability to see the grey icon shows on the upcoming page -- could be quite useful.

Thanks,
Russell

Russell at IceTV

Quote from: prl on July 29, 2009, 03:14:36 PM
Can anyone think of a use case for the "Limit" setting? The only thing that I record that it could apply to is the pair of Scrapheap Challenge episodes on ABC2 on Sunday mornings. But all I can say is that I only want one recorded, not which one, and the documentation doesn't tell me which one will actually get recorded.

It will record the first 'N' shows, as I believe you mentioned in a later post.  So if you set it for one per day, it'll record the first one of the day.  The showings after that would have to be scheduled manually if you had the series recording set that way.

The feature is probably more useful with keyword recordings, where it could match several different shows, to make sure you didn't accidentally record 30 matching shows in one day.  But it's available on series recordings also, in case someone needs it.

Russell

Russell at IceTV

Quote from: prl on July 29, 2009, 07:35:34 PM
Suggestion:

A "Show Series Options" (or perhaps "Change Series Options") button when you open an existing recording in the My Upcoming Shows or in the TV Guide views. In these views, even if you click on the Series Details & Upcoming Episodes, you can't change the options for the series recording. It wouldn't harm if you could chage the series options in the Series Details & Upcoming Episodes view, too.

Edit: I see that this facility is available in the My Upcoming Shows and TV Guide views in the Widget. Why not on the Web?

Yes, it's a good suggestion that we looked into actually, and you're right, it is available in the widget.

Without getting into all the gory details, the short answer is that it's way more complicated than it sounds.  It may be something we can add in a future release, but I'm afraid we weren't able to do it this time because of the complexity involved.  Sorry.

Russell

Russell at IceTV

Quote from: kroma on July 29, 2009, 09:56:59 PM

Hi there,

Looks like you're seeing the new page but with the old styling.  Reloading the page should fix it, or if not, try restarting the browser.  I saw the same thing the first time I loaded the guide page after our update, but a reload fixed it.

Russell