New Interactive

Started by Trial_Master, July 29, 2009, 08:45:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prl

Quote from: prl on September 25, 2009, 11:54:37 AM
I can't schedule these two programs properly: The Beating of the Butterfly's Wings (SBS1 Sat 26 Sep 2140), originally a once-off recording set from IceTV; or Kurt Wallander: The Brothers (SBS2 Sun 27 Sep 2310), an IceTV keyword recording.

Initially they queued but didn't schedule (red donut icon, no corresponding timer). Resend All Recordings for the device didn't change it. Setting the timers manually on the Beyonwiz without changing the IceTV settings changed both the IceTV icons for the shows to .

ACT schedule; Beyonwiz DP-S1 recorder.
I deleted the recordings on IceTV and the timers on the Beyonwiz, then recreated them. The recordings and timers were then set correctly. But still not really the advertised "you’ll never miss a show again." Well, not if you keep an eagle eye on what IceTV's doing, anyway.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

JPP

Quote from: prl on September 26, 2009, 10:50:44 PM
I deleted the recordings on IceTV and the timers on the Beyonwiz, then recreated them. The recordings and timers were then set correctly. But still not really the advertised "you’ll never miss a show again." Well, not if you keep an eagle eye on what IceTV's doing, anyway.
Perhaps the problems I'm experiencing on the Toppy 2400 may not be the Toppy's fault after all?
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

prl

Quote from: JPP on September 26, 2009, 11:31:39 PM
Quote from: prl on September 26, 2009, 10:50:44 PM
Perhaps the problems I'm experiencing on the Toppy 2400 may not be the Toppy's fault after all?
I'm not sure, but certainly IceTV has been acting a bit strangely at the margins for me recently. I only deleted the two recorings I was having problems with, not the whole lot.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

I'm still having problems with inconsistencies between what the IceTV Interactive Web page says about my recordings and what's on my Beyonwiz.

I have a series recording for Better Homes and Gardens (Prime S HD 1930 Fri 2 Oct), with settings:
Network Prime
Any Time
First runs only
Prefer high def
Record 1 per day

and I have a keyword recording for "kurt wallendar" (no quotes in the actual search string), matching the show on SBS2 2300 Sun 4 Oct, with settings:
Any network
First runs & repeats
Prefer standard def
Record 1 per day

Both recordings are stuck with "queued" icons in IceTV, even though they've sent the correct timers to the Beyonwiz. For a short time last night, the Kurt Wallendar recording also showed the error icon, but it went away later in the night.

ACT IceTV guide, Beyonwiz DP-S1 running 1.05.306 beta firmware.

Some feedback from the IceTV technical folk about the problems I've been reporting about recording timer inconsistencies would be much appreciated. Any information the might be useful to Beyonwiz engineering about the 306 beta, if it is the cause, would also help.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

JPP

My 2400 ICETV service is getting from bad to worse.  A copy of my post on the UK site b elow:

Well, the plot thickens or should I say the service is thinning out.

It appears that I only get one shot or burst of Ice Timers after a clearing out and reconfiguration of the Device and Timers on the ICE Interactive Web.

The timers on the Toppy gradually get removed as the recordings are being made, but no new timers or reservations appear.

I also read on the BeyonWiz Forum, that ICETV on the Wiz is also deteriorating. The new V2 of Interactive has IMO been a disaster from its release. For the little eyecandy we got, we lost reliablity and for 2 devices or more, loss of funtionality.

Moreoever, we still don't have our Widget back  - I used it almost exclusivly to set my recordings up with.
Phil.

prl

Quote from: JPP on October 01, 2009, 12:12:34 PM
...I also read on the BeyonWiz Forum, that ICETV on the Wiz is also deteriorating. ...
I'm not sure what you're referring to there. It doesn't agree with my impressions of what has been on the Beyonwiz forum about IceTV since the new Interactive. There haven't been many critical posts in the IceTV part of the Beyonwiz forum.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

JPP

Quote from: prl on October 01, 2009, 12:32:33 PM
Quote from: JPP on October 01, 2009, 12:12:34 PM
...I also read on the BeyonWiz Forum, that ICETV on the Wiz is also deteriorating. ...
I'm not sure what you're referring to there. It doesn't agree with my impressions of what has been on the Beyonwiz forum about IceTV since the new Interactive. There haven't been many critical posts in the IceTV part of the Beyonwiz forum.
Your post above mine I thought summerised it. But you're right, not on the Wiz Forum - mainly just here. But, the problems remain the same  :) :(.
Phil.

prl

Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

tonymy01

I noticed my midnight "Eureka" weekly series on Ten stayed as the "queued/donut" icon the past few days, even though the timer was in the Wiz (and recorded fine).   So something is a little amiss, although all my shows I have wanted to record are recording ok... thankfully.
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

prl

Quote from: tonymy01 on October 02, 2009, 12:01:54 PM
I noticed my midnight "Eureka" weekly series on Ten stayed as the "queued/donut" icon the past few days, even though the timer was in the Wiz (and recorded fine).   So something is a little amiss, although all my shows I have wanted to record are recording ok... thankfully.
I had the same for last night's Border Security, the IceTV Web view showed it as the red queued donut, but the timer was on the Beyonwiz and ran correctly. (BW DP-S1, 1.05.306 beta firmware, ACT IceTV guide).

Tony, I'm beginning to wonder whether this behaviour isn't a "feature" of the current beta.

Edit: I've just noticed that I still have a red "queued" donut for The Force, Prime S HD, 2000, Sun 18 Oct. All the other recordings on that day and the following day are showing as "scheduled". I can't check whether the timer has actually been sent at the moment.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

JPP

I too have noticed a considerable lag between the queued icon becoming solid and the timer actually having been sent. Sometimes is can take up to an hour or more before the web shows it as having been sent. I guess better this way than the other way around! As I've been having some fun with ICETV timers, or Reservations in TRF-2400 parlance, I've been monitoring this closely. Easy to do on the 2400 with its web interface  :).
Phil.

tonymy01

For me now, it is all good at the moment, the only donuts I have are for shows from next Tuesday late evening onwards (i.e. the >5x24hours period).
edit:
I tell a lie... "Ashes to Ashes" is not uploaded (according to ICE), and "Nip/Tuck" (nearly the same time also).   I missed Ashes to Ashes two weeks ago for some unknown reason.
When looking at my RSS messages (for the missing ep), I see:
Mon, 12 Oct, 9:35pm - [REC] Ashes To Ashes  Posted on: Mon 12/10/2009 22:02
Wow, fat lot of good that was (and the PVR is literally on all night on Mondays especially)   All the other "Ashes to Ashes" come though quite late as well (I have a bit of history there).
28th September is similar (but that time I am sure I got the ep sent).
For the 5 Oct Episode, the rec came thru at 4am the on the 4th (my 4am wakeup timer) and again at 23.55.
For the 19 Oct Episode, the rec came thru at 7.48am 13/10... so that one was well in advance... but the donut is scarey, I will check the PVR now.

Ok checked  the PVR, and both Nip/Tuck and Ashes to Ashes are there, so don't know why ICE has donuts.
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

prl

Quote from: tonymy01 on October 15, 2009, 06:11:37 PM
... so don't know why ICE has donuts.
Donuts? Just plain nuts!

I checked my BW, and it has the timer for the Sunday episode of The Force.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

Quote from: JPP on October 15, 2009, 12:35:55 PM
I too have noticed a considerable lag between the queued icon becoming solid and the timer actually having been sent. Sometimes is can take up to an hour or more before the web shows it as having been sent. I guess better this way than the other way around! As I've been having some fun with ICETV timers, or Reservations in TRF-2400 parlance, I've been monitoring this closely. Easy to do on the 2400 with its web interface  :).
Hi, JPP, this doesn't sound like what tonymy01 and I have been describing. A delay of up to 30 minutes between when a show is entered into the IceTV web site and the timer being sent is normal, and it can be longer if the IceTV server is loaded.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

JPP

Quote from: prl on October 16, 2009, 10:02:09 AM
Quote from: JPP on October 15, 2009, 12:35:55 PM
Hi, JPP, this doesn't sound like what tonymy01 and I have been describing. A delay of up to 30 minutes between when a show is entered into the IceTV web site and the timer being sent is normal, and it can be longer if the IceTV server is loaded.
No, this isn't what I meant. I meant that the delay between the PVR having received the timer and the ICEWeb's doughnut going solid can take more than several hours at times..
Phil.