New Interactive

Started by Trial_Master, July 29, 2009, 08:45:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell at IceTV

Quote from: prl on July 30, 2009, 03:49:58 PM
Has anyone else tried pressing any of the "< Previous 6 hours", "Next 6 hours" or "Next Day >>" buttons at the bottom of the "My Upcoming Shows" page?

When I press any of them, it takes me to the "Series Details & Upcoming Episodes" page for Antiques Roadshow.  :o ???

Oops, those buttons don't need to be on the My Upcoming Shows page since it already shows a full week.  It's fixed now, so they only appear on the TV Guide page.  Thanks for reporting it.

Russell

Russell at IceTV

Quote from: prl on July 30, 2009, 01:10:53 PM
I thought that I'd solved my "grey icons" problem yesterday. Apparently not.

Shaun The Sheep ABC2:
   Any Network
   Any Time
   First Runs & Repeats
   Prefer High Def
   Record All

Red Record Series icon showing at:
   15:55 Thurs 30 Jul, Fri 31 Jul, Mon 3 Aug
Red Queued Record Series icon showing at:
   15:55 Tue 4 Aug
Grey Queued Record Series icon showing at:
   15:55 Wed 5 Aug

I ran the scheduling engine on your series recordings just now, so they should all be ok at the moment. 

We're also re-running it for everyone else's series recordings, so once that finishes in a little while, they should be ok as well.

What does "Prefer High Def" actually mean?

Prefer High Def means that if the same show is being aired on two different channels in your region at the same time, and one of the channels is in HD, it'll schedule it on the HD channel.  If the show is on at two different times in the same day, they'll be treated separately.  We're looking into the possibility of making it work in that case as well, but that'll be in a future update.

Thanks,
Russell

Russell at IceTV

Quote from: tonymy01 on July 30, 2009, 01:58:13 PM
I have about 40 or 50 shows in my list (I have over 80 keywords in perlTGD on the Topfield 5K.. although not related to interactive, but is related to how many show names I want to catch), do I have to go and change each one!??!?

We're re-running the scheduling engine on everyone's series recordings now, so when that finishes in a little while, everyone's series should be up to date.

Thanks,
Russell

prl

Quote from: Russell at IceTV on July 31, 2009, 11:05:07 AM
Quote from: prl on July 30, 2009, 01:10:53 PM
I thought that I'd solved my "grey icons" problem yesterday. Apparently not.

Shaun The Sheep ABC2:
   Any Network
   Any Time
   First Runs & Repeats
   Prefer High Def
   Record All

Red Record Series icon showing at:
   15:55 Thurs 30 Jul, Fri 31 Jul, Mon 3 Aug
Red Queued Record Series icon showing at:
   15:55 Tue 4 Aug
Grey Queued Record Series icon showing at:
   15:55 Wed 5 Aug

I ran the scheduling engine on your series recordings just now, so they should all be ok at the moment. 

We're also re-running it for everyone else's series recordings, so once that finishes in a little while, they should be ok as well.

What does "Prefer High Def" actually mean?

Prefer High Def means that if the same show is being aired on two different channels in your region at the same time, and one of the channels is in HD, it'll schedule it on the HD channel.  If the show is on at two different times in the same day, they'll be treated separately.  We're looking into the possibility of making it work in that case as well, but that'll be in a future update.

Thanks,
Russell
Hi, Russell, I just did a page refresh on "My Upcoming Shows" and all the greyed-out queued series recordings that should have been red turned into red queued series recordings! I'll check the next few day's new recordings, and post if there are any problems, but it's looking good.

Thanks!

My hovercraft is now utterly devoid of eels :)
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Russell at IceTV

Quote from: Trial_Master on July 31, 2009, 10:40:02 AM
Quote from: Russell at IceTV on July 31, 2009, 10:05:22 AM
Quote from: Trial_Master on July 30, 2009, 11:44:17 AM
One other thing I think is a bug, the mobile page used to stay logged in on my Nokia after I accepted to remember log in details. Since the change I have to log in everytime.

Hmm, ok I'm not sure what's causing that.  The login page for the mobile site sets session cookies for the user id and password, so they should stay active for the current "session".  I'm not exactly sure what the Nokia considers the session to be, but I'd think it'd be until the phone was restarted.  Maybe it's only keeping them until the browser is closed?

Also can you tell me more about how you accept to remember the login details?  Is that a feature of the phone?

Thanks,
Russell

Yes it’s a feature of the phone when you enter are username and password it asks if you want to remember them. It used to stay logged in permanently but now it logs out after every session.

Ok, I've added a "Keep me logged in forever" checkbox to the login page, so if you check that, it'll set permanent cookies instead of session cookies.  Give that a try...

Russell

Russell at IceTV

Quote from: prl on July 31, 2009, 11:11:14 AM
My hovercraft is now utterly devoid of eels :)

Excellent news.  ;)

Trial_Master

Quote from: Russell at IceTV on July 31, 2009, 09:28:05 AM
Quote from: Russell at IceTV on July 30, 2009, 10:45:38 AM
Quote from: Trial_Master on July 30, 2009, 10:17:46 AM
Okay I'm confused. All my Series recording are Favourites. I see the Gray icons in My Upcoming Shows on Web Interactive page, on Mobile Page I don't see the non scheculed recording entries at all! Nothing! No Favourite or Gray icon, only the scheduled recording entry shows with red icon and favourite icon.

iPod Touch shows the Favourite icon but does not show the Gray icon for the non scheculed recording entries

Looks like you have indeed found a bug.  ;D

The mobile Upcoming page should be showing the same thing as the main web site, including favourites that aren't also series recordings.  We'll look into it and get it fixed soon.

Thanks for reporting it.

Russell

This is fixed now.  The Upcoming page should look the same on the main web site, the mobile site, and the iPhone app.

The "All" device option on the My Shows page should be working better now also, and it should remember that option when you leave the My Shows page and come back to it.

Thanks,
Russell

I can see the Gray icons on Mobile site and iPod touch app  :)

Trial_Master

Quote from: Russell at IceTV on July 31, 2009, 11:15:45 AM
Quote from: Trial_Master on July 31, 2009, 10:40:02 AM
Quote from: Russell at IceTV on July 31, 2009, 10:05:22 AM
Quote from: Trial_Master on July 30, 2009, 11:44:17 AM
One other thing I think is a bug, the mobile page used to stay logged in on my Nokia after I accepted to remember log in details. Since the change I have to log in everytime.

Hmm, ok I'm not sure what's causing that.  The login page for the mobile site sets session cookies for the user id and password, so they should stay active for the current "session".  I'm not exactly sure what the Nokia considers the session to be, but I'd think it'd be until the phone was restarted.  Maybe it's only keeping them until the browser is closed?

Also can you tell me more about how you accept to remember the login details?  Is that a feature of the phone?

Thanks,
Russell

Yes it’s a feature of the phone when you enter are username and password it asks if you want to remember them. It used to stay logged in permanently but now it logs out after every session.

Ok, I've added a "Keep me logged in forever" checkbox to the login page, so if you check that, it'll set permanent cookies instead of session cookies.  Give that a try...

Russell

You’re a legend that’s working again after I restart the phone. Back to normal  :)

HelloGoodThanks

QuoteMy hovercraft is now utterly devoid of eels :)

My nipples explode with delight. :o

HelloGoodThanks

Quote from: HelloGoodThanks on July 30, 2009, 05:40:57 PM
One of my existing series records seem to be honouring the "this channel only" filter, even though the filter option has been removed, which is a good thing.

I spoke too soon.

Any chance of getting the "this channel only" filter back especially with GO! coming soon?

prl

Minor annoying Interactive Web/Dashboard interaction on OS X.

If you have Firefox browser open displaying an IceTV Interactive view that has shows program information while hovering, and enter the Dashboard, the "hover" information from the browser pops up through the dashboard whenever the mouse is over a program title. A bit distracting! :)

I don't know whether there's a way around this.

I don't think that this adversely affects the Anguillar content of the air cushion transport device.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

timaa

Having problems with my shows appearing and dissapearing from my recordings. I missed Rush last night because it wasn't scheduled to record, and now Supernatural has gone, even though it's got the grey icon in the guide, and it's set to 'Prefer High Def' it should still be scheduled. Even with it set to 'Only standard def' it still does not schedule.

Nice that the formatting problems with the guide in Firefox have been fixed, is the orange text supposed to be what's on now? It's been a bit hit and miss today with whats been highlighted.

mtb

Couple of small issues have arisen...

I have a keyword recording set for "Robert Carlyle" - this has correctly found and set the movie Eragon (Sun, 18:30, Ten).  However, as we already have the movie, I tried to delete it and couldn't... it gives no error but refreshes the page when I click the Cancel Episode button but the recording stubornly stays there, according to the web at least.

From the opposite direction now.... the show "A Survivor's Guide to Plane Crashes" has been added as a keyword recording and I'm damned if I can see why and also cannot delete this one either.  I wonder if you could alter the code which shows the phrase "This show is part of a Keyword Record." to include the keywords/criteria which generated the recording so that this sort of thing can be more easily resolved?

The inability to delete is of more importance though.
Beyonwiz DP-P2, Epson EH-TW5500, Pioneer VSXLX52 & BDP-320, Screen Technics 100” screen, WD Live TV x2, 6Tb NAS (Linux)
Beyonwiz DP-S1, VIERA TH-42PA60A
HTC Desire (rooted) Froyo
Topfield 5000MP

prl

Quote from: timaa on July 31, 2009, 04:02:24 PM
Nice that the formatting problems with the guide in Firefox have been fixed, is the orange text supposed to be what's on now? It's been a bit hit and miss today with whats been highlighted.
Yes, but you may need to refresh the browser window to get it to update.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Trial_Master

I extend my Biggest Loser USA timer manually on the BW to allow for Rove running so late, I extend the timer by 30 minutes and have been doing it all season.

Three times now since the New Interactive appeared the timer keeps getting reset back to 90 minutes. If it happends one more time I'll have to remove it from ICe and programe it directly on BW.

Is this standard behaviour now?