New Interactive

Started by Trial_Master, July 29, 2009, 08:45:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

melvy

Is there any chance you guys could add the following options

Repeats only,
Channel (as opposed to or in addition to network)
and maybe Day of week

Reason for this is I quite often record repeats on ABC2 so that I don't get clashes in prime time for shows on ABC1.  For example I'd like to set up a series record for the Four corners repeat on Tuesdays at 11.30pm.  I understand I can set a time but if the time changes, i miss it.  I believe this would come in handy for repeats in the upcoming Go! channel as well.

prl

Has anyone else tried pressing any of the "< Previous 6 hours", "Next 6 hours" or "Next Day >>" buttons at the bottom of the "My Upcoming Shows" page?

When I press any of them, it takes me to the "Series Details & Upcoming Episodes" page for Antiques Roadshow.  :o ???

Is the new Interactive going all Hungarian Phrasebook on me?

"My hovercraft is full of eels."
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

prl

OK, there is a fairly clear description of what “Prefer High Def” & “Prefer Standard Def” mean.

Quote from: IceTV NewsThat’s where “Prefer High Def” & “Prefer Standard Def” come in. If you are unsure whether there are two versions of the show available but have a preference as to which version you’d like, then choose either “Prefer High Def” & “Prefer Standard Def”. This way the show will record in whatever version is available and in the version you want.

But that doesn't seem to be what's happening here.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

HelloGoodThanks

Firstly, thanks for the great work on the new features.

Has the "this channel only/any channel" series record option been removed for a particular reason?

I found this useful in a few situations as Melvy has noted a few posts above. His other suggestions for a "repeats only" option and "day of the week" would be good too for the reasons he has stated.

One of my existing series records seem to be honouring the "this channel only" filter, even though the filter option has been removed, which is a good thing.

A_G

The new interactive is looking good but I have a couple of issues. The main one is I have a series option to record the Ten News at 5pm but can't get it to change from a grey doughnut. I have edited the series in my shows. The same with Rush tonight which I would have missed because I have been away from home! Interestingly some shows have recorded without a problem...

Also, a little disappointing to see the regional guide problem still not fixed but no great drama beacause it is looking like it could be a Topfield problem maybe?...

JPP

Quote from: prl on July 30, 2009, 03:49:58 PM
Has anyone else tried pressing any of the "< Previous 6 hours", "Next 6 hours" or "Next Day >>" buttons at the bottom of the "My Upcoming Shows" page?

When I press any of them, it takes me to the "Series Details & Upcoming Episodes" page for Antiques Roadshow.  :o ???

Seems to work fine for me  :).
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

mcpaton

I have set 7 Queensland to use LCN 7 and 70 in the channel listing. However some of my timers refuse to set... 7 Local News and 7 News are coming up with Yellow warning symbols on the Interactive guide. I have set and reset the HD / SD settings etc as people have mentioned above...

Any ideas?

Edit: Looks to be all programs on 7 that aren't working...
Guide Region: Regional Qld (Townsville)
PVR: Beyonwiz DP-P2 & DP-H1

prl

Quote from: JPP on July 30, 2009, 07:27:12 PM

Hmmm... It works OK on my Mac, too. Maybe I need to clear the PC's browser cache. Firefox in both cases.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

Quote from: prl on July 30, 2009, 10:42:41 PM
Quote from: JPP on July 30, 2009, 07:27:12 PM

Hmmm... It works OK on my Mac, too. Maybe I need to clear the PC's browser cache. Firefox in both cases.
Clearing the Firefox cache on the PC didn't help. But logging out and logging back in after clearing the cache made the problem go away.

Where have the eels gone? :)
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Russell at IceTV

Quote from: Russell at IceTV on July 30, 2009, 10:45:38 AM
Quote from: Trial_Master on July 30, 2009, 10:17:46 AM
Okay I'm confused. All my Series recording are Favourites. I see the Gray icons in My Upcoming Shows on Web Interactive page, on Mobile Page I don't see the non scheculed recording entries at all! Nothing! No Favourite or Gray icon, only the scheduled recording entry shows with red icon and favourite icon.

iPod Touch shows the Favourite icon but does not show the Gray icon for the non scheculed recording entries

Looks like you have indeed found a bug.  ;D

The mobile Upcoming page should be showing the same thing as the main web site, including favourites that aren't also series recordings.  We'll look into it and get it fixed soon.

Thanks for reporting it.

Russell

This is fixed now.  The Upcoming page should look the same on the main web site, the mobile site, and the iPhone app.

The "All" device option on the My Shows page should be working better now also, and it should remember that option when you leave the My Shows page and come back to it.

Thanks,
Russell

jillmess

Quote from: mcpaton on July 30, 2009, 10:01:52 PM
I have set 7 Queensland to use LCN 7 and 70 in the channel listing. However some of my timers refuse to set... 7 Local News and 7 News are coming up with Yellow warning symbols on the Interactive guide. I have set and reset the HD / SD settings etc as people have mentioned above...

Any ideas?

Edit: Looks to be all programs on 7 that aren't working...

Have you changed the 'other' channel sevens to "disabled" - particularly Seven-Brisbane?  This sorted things for me (Beyonwiz/Wide Bay region.) 

Jill

Russell at IceTV

Quote from: JPP on July 30, 2009, 11:40:42 AM
I'm a little dissapointed that the scheme I suggested some weeks ago to use different recording colour icons for each device was not implemented. Instead we now have different pages for each device which I don't find very convenient to use.

Yeah, sorry about that.  We did try to make the pages show multiple devices at once, but found that the changes were going to be ridiculously complicated.  The problem in a nutshell is that if a particular show on the guide page is scheduled to be recorded on multiple devices, we'd need to display the status of the recording on each device, as well as give the user a way to cancel the individual episode and/or the whole series on each device.  The user interface changes alone were going to be very difficult to get working in a way that made sense to the user, but then the actual programming involved made it beyond the reach of what we were able to do in this version.  In the end, we decided the best way to handle both problems was to have a device list at the top of the page where you could select which device you wanted to deal with.

The My Shows page allows you to select "All" devices, which helps a bit.  We're also looking into the idea of making the Upcoming page work similar to the My Shows page, so that if a show is scheduled to be recorded on multiple devices, we might just list the show multiple times.  This wouldn't work for the TV Guide page obviously, but maybe it could work on the Upcoming page at least.  That might help with conflict detection.

Thanks,
Russell

Russell at IceTV

Quote from: Trial_Master on July 30, 2009, 11:44:17 AM
One other thing I think is a bug, the mobile page used to stay logged in on my Nokia after I accepted to remember log in details. Since the change I have to log in everytime.

Hmm, ok I'm not sure what's causing that.  The login page for the mobile site sets session cookies for the user id and password, so they should stay active for the current "session".  I'm not exactly sure what the Nokia considers the session to be, but I'd think it'd be until the phone was restarted.  Maybe it's only keeping them until the browser is closed?

Also can you tell me more about how you accept to remember the login details?  Is that a feature of the phone?

Thanks,
Russell

Trial_Master

Quote from: Russell at IceTV on July 31, 2009, 10:05:22 AM
Quote from: Trial_Master on July 30, 2009, 11:44:17 AM
One other thing I think is a bug, the mobile page used to stay logged in on my Nokia after I accepted to remember log in details. Since the change I have to log in everytime.

Hmm, ok I'm not sure what's causing that.  The login page for the mobile site sets session cookies for the user id and password, so they should stay active for the current "session".  I'm not exactly sure what the Nokia considers the session to be, but I'd think it'd be until the phone was restarted.  Maybe it's only keeping them until the browser is closed?

Also can you tell me more about how you accept to remember the login details?  Is that a feature of the phone?

Thanks,
Russell

Yes it’s a feature of the phone when you enter are username and password it asks if you want to remember them. It used to stay logged in permanently but now it logs out after every session.
When I start to enter the Username it remembers the rest of it and password a bit like auto-fill in IE but it just seems odd that over a year now it always remained logged in and now it doesn’t since the Interactive upgrade.

jsofikitis

Quote from: jsofikitis on July 29, 2009, 03:49:55 PM
Quote from: prl on July 29, 2009, 03:28:24 PM
I don't know yet whether it actually fixed mine, but the icons changed to the right colour :)

Yeah, that's what I meant to say, that the icons changed to the right colour. Will check my topfield tonight and will post back.

I can happily report that fixed the issue. Both shows are now set to be recorded.