Unscheduled shows set for recording on VISTA MCE

Started by martymonster, August 31, 2009, 01:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

martymonster

I just checked my up coming shows for this week and saw that CSI: Miami is set to record next Sunday Night.
The problems are
1. CSI Miami is NOT set up for device VISTA it is set up for device BW (which works and is also set to record next Sunday)
2. The red dot indicates a single recording - I have NOT set any recordings for this show via VISTA EPG
3. Over the weekend, 3 shows on CH 10 were recorded on VISTA, none of which were set up either by Ice interactive or via VISTA EPG (as I hardly ever watch CH10)
4. The Yellow triangles is an on-going problem with Ice Interactive NOT settings shows for GO! on VISTA machine

My BW seems to work correctly.
Vista has the latest Ice loaded.

Re Yellow triangles - there is a problem raised with ICE about that but after a few weeks, nothing has been resolved

jmasson

I've had this occur a few times in the past myself... Shows I KNOW I didn't schedule randomly appear in ICE TV's scheduler and on my machine, the last one happened just this morning when something called 'Zoo Days' was scheduled... I noticed and cancelled it.

I only have one device so don't think it's something to do with you having more than one.

On the up side occasionally it's something interesting that gets recorded ;D

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: jmasson on November 01, 2009, 05:29:09 PM
I've had this occur a few times in the past myself... Shows I KNOW I didn't schedule randomly appear in ICE TV's scheduler and on my machine, the last one happened just this morning when something called 'Zoo Days' was scheduled... I noticed and cancelled it.

I only have one device so don't think it's something to do with you having more than one.

On the up side occasionally it's something interesting that gets recorded ;D

I have just had a look at your account and it looks like in this instance "Zoo Days" was setup locally within the Media Center interface (and not just from the fact that its 7 days in advance and timers only get sent from the website 5 days in advance). First thing would be to check the Upcoming Schedules under Recorded TV in Media Center and check the "Series" button on the left hand side of the screen to see if anything is listed there.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

jmasson

Yeah it no longer appears in ICE TV but did in the past. Like you say, it's not there now, but the show recorded again this morning actually!

It's not in the media centre schedule for next week so I'll keep an eye on it and see if it happens again. It doesn't bother me that much so I've never kept really accurate details of it - if it records again next week I'll start keeping a decent set of notes and check ICE TV & Media Centre to see if I can give you guys anything that's usefull in potential troubleshooting.