New Interactive

Started by Trial_Master, July 29, 2009, 08:45:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trial_Master

What does the Grey Series Recording icon represent? Can we get the legend of icons down the bottom of the page updated?

EDIT: One more thing under Account Settings for Interactive 'Send to PVR as LCN' do we leave these on the default All or do we need to change each channel LCN for the region we are located? What is the purpose of this setting?

Russell at IceTV

Good timing -- we're in the process of releasing everything now. :-)

Be sure to reload the Interactive pages of the main web site in your browser to get the latest versions of everything.

QuoteWhat does the Grey Series Recording icon represent? Can we get the legend of icons down the bottom of the page updated?

If you hover your mouse cursor over the new gray series recording icon, you should see a tooltip that says:

Series recording not scheduled to be recorded

Also, if you click the show to open it (on the main web site), you should see the following text:

This show is part of a series recording but is not scheduled to be recorded.

The key at the bottom isn't updated yet, but will be.

QuoteAlso I thought I read that remoterecord.com was going to allow Series Recordings in the new release?

The new mobile site does indeed support series recordings and a lot more.  You can access it via the new, shorter, URL:

m.icetv.com.au

The remoterecord.com.au URL was updated just now to redirect to the shorter URL above, so you can retry that as well if you like.

QuoteOne more thing under Account Settings for Interactive 'Send to PVR as LCN' do we leave these on the default All or do we need to change each channel LCN for the region we are located? What is the purpose of this setting?

If you're not having any problems with your channel mapping, you can leave the LCN settings set to the default, which is "All".  This new advanced feature is mainly meant for people that live in areas such as regional Queensland, where they might get the same channel on multiple LCNs, and need to choose the one they want to get in the guide.

Let us know if you have any other questions or see any problems with the new Interactive pages on the web site, the mobile site, the iPhone app, or the Mac widget.  All of these have now been updated.

Thanks,
Russell

Trial_Master

Hi Russell

I see Remote Record is now showing the new Interactive :)

With the Grey icons, which only appear in web Interactive and not iPhone or mobile version I'm still not 100%.

I appear to have them when a prefer HD is scheduled, the SD version has grey icon but they also appear on repeats, eg. The Chaser is set to Prefer SD and the repeat on ABC2 has a Grey Icon.

I understood your post and see the descriptions you pointed out but with it flagging SD programs when a HD version is available and also flagging repeats I'm a little confused as to the icons purpose. Maybe I'm just thick

Russell at IceTV

Quote from: Trial_Master on July 29, 2009, 09:27:48 AM
I see Remote Record is now showing the new Interactive :)

Great!

QuoteWith the Grey icons, which only appear in web Interactive and not iPhone or mobile version I'm still not 100%.

Please try these again now, we just finished updating them and you should definitely be seeing the grey icons there as well.

I appear to have them when a prefer HD is scheduled, the SD version has grey icon but they also appear on repeats, eg. The Chaser is set to Prefer SD and the repeat on ABC2 has a Grey Icon.

I understood your post and see the descriptions you pointed out but with it flagging SD programs when a HD version is available and also flagging repeats I'm a little confused as to the icons purpose. Maybe I'm just thick

Ok, I think it's displaying correctly, but I may not have explained it very well.  The basic idea is that if you create a series recording for a show and set it to "Prefer SD", and "First runs only", then any shows that are part of that same series but aren't scheduled for recording because they don't match that criteria, are indicated with the new grey icon.  So in this example, if a show is on in SD and HD, the SD show will be scheduled for recording and the HD show will be displayed with the grey icon, since it was not scheduled.  Also, if a show is a repeat but you've requested only news shows, then the show will not be recorded, and will be displayed with the grey icon.

Does that help?

Russell

watt4

QuoteOk, I think it's displaying correctly, but I may not have explained it very well.  The basic idea is that if you create a series recording for a show and set it to "Prefer SD", and "First runs only", then any shows that are part of that same series but aren't scheduled for recording because they don't match that criteria, are indicated with the new grey icon.  So in this example, if a show is on in SD and HD, the SD show will be scheduled for recording and the HD show will be displayed with the grey icon, since it was not scheduled.  Also, if a show is a repeat but you've requested only news shows, then the show will not be recorded, and will be displayed with the grey icon.

Unfortunately all my series recordings are showing up as gray icon so nothing is actually scheduled.

Any ideas?

Graham

Trial_Master

Hi Russell

Okay I get the Gray Icon's now thanks!

Still not seeing them on iPhone or Mobile interface. iPhone shows the SD entry but only because it has the favourite icon there, the Mobile Interface only shows the HD entry no SD entry exists.

Circuitau

Quote from: watt4 on July 29, 2009, 10:25:41 AM
Unfortunately all my series recordings are showing up as gray icon so nothing is actually scheduled.

Any ideas?

Graham

Ive got the same here

Trial_Master

Have you guys checked your existing recordings?

"Due to the large nature of these changes, we highly recommend that all users login to the IceTV website and check the options for all of their existing series recordings under IceTV Interactive."

http://www.icetv.com.au/news/

prl

Quote from: Trial_Master on July 29, 2009, 09:27:48 AM
With the Grey icons, which only appear in web Interactive and not iPhone or mobile version I'm still not 100%.

I had this, too, I think only on ABC programs. I worked around the problem by changing them to Only SD or Prefer SD than back to Prefer HD, and that all seemed to stay red when I changed them back to Prefer HD. I can't access my Beyonwiz, so I don't know how they look on that side, but they now seem to be OK on the IceTV side.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Russell at IceTV

We're just now finishing the updates on the scheduling program, so please give the system a few minutes to get updated, and then you should see things looking better.  If not, feel free to post again.

Thanks,
Russell

strangr

Quote from: Russell at IceTV on July 29, 2009, 10:52:29 AM
We're just now finishing the updates on the scheduling program, so please give the system a few minutes to get updated, and then you should see things looking better.  If not, feel free to post again.

I so hope you have a new style of tv guide in there, this list view is so complicated and very annoying, i always over schedule programs. Something like a landscape view would be great as people have pleaded for.

Trial_Master

We're just now finishing the updates on the scheduling program, so please give the system a few minutes to get updated, and then you should see things looking better.  If not, feel free to post again.

Thanks,
Russell

Still no Gray Icons on iPhone and Mobile interfaces Russell.

watt4

Quote from: Trial_Master on July 29, 2009, 11:02:51 AM

Thanks,
Russell

Still no Gray Icons on iPhone and Mobile interfaces Russell.

I get the gray icons on my mobile but now both SD and HD are recording at the same time.

Trial_Master

I'll try the new url, maybe remoterecord.com redirecting is causing an issue.

I'm using a Nokia E51 & iPod Touch firmware 3.0

Trial_Master

Quote from: Trial_Master on July 29, 2009, 11:07:31 AM
I'll try the new url, maybe remoterecord.com redirecting is causing an issue.

I'm using a Nokia E51 & iPod Touch firmware 3.0

Same deal with m.icetv.com.au

Cleared the browser cache and cookies no difference. Everything is displaying correctly but I don't see the repeat or SD entries which would have the gray Icon. The iPod Touch shows the repeat and SD entries but only because they're favourites, no Gray Icon either?