New Nine Channel - GO

Started by Paul55, July 16, 2009, 12:25:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madeleine IceGuide

Hi

We do need to adhere to certain procedures when scheduling a brand new channel, however you should be seeing some programs already in the guide, ie. those that have been promoted on Go! during the test broadcast. ETA for a complete schedule is usually two weeks, however we will be closely monitoring on-air promos and adding programs as we go so it's a good idea to regularly update your guide.

Thanks

marcusstringer

And for god's sake, don't get into another ICE v Nine debacle over it... tread carefully
Marcus
Twitter: @MarcusStringer
www.midlandtypsetters.com.au

melmac

+1 I also feel sorry for the person watching the promo loops :)
It was however really nice of nein to let us all know when everything is going to be on in a way that is usable to ice  :)

prl

GO! programming has started appearing on the ACT IceTV guide...

Quick work there, Ice!
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

j s

Quote from: ChrisW on August 05, 2009, 07:09:12 PM
Can ICE advise what their channel ID will be in the EPG data for GO in Sydney, please?

I am aware the channel is 99, but I need the ID that ICE will be passing in the data.

Thanks.
a quick look at the xml f ile shows and ID of 2393 for GO! in Sydney

<channel id="2393">
  <display-name>GO!</display-name>
  <region-name>Sydney</region-name>
  <lcn>99</lcn>

Neon Kitten

I still think it's completely ridiculous, especially in the aftermath of Nine's expensive court defeat, that they're still doing the best they can to make sure that savvy, technology equipped viewers have no idea at all what's on their shiny new channel.

A channel which, going by its marketing, is targeted at "the youth". And "the youth", technically savvy and quite capable of downloading shows "illegally" on their own, won't bother watching at all if Nine insists on continuing to restrict republication of a simple program listing.

So what's it to be, Nine? Paranoia, or bums on seats? Your call.

Vortical

Any reason why go programming is non-existent from Monday onwards?