New Nine Channel - GO

Started by Paul55, July 16, 2009, 12:25:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul55

Channel Nine has announced it will start different programming on it's new SD (?) channel called GO in August. It's the old Nine Guide channel - 99.
They are broadcasting FTA EPG for GO (same as Nine SD I assume). Hopefully Ice will have the EPG data available soon.

bigdan

According to what I've read, they're starting tests on channel 99 (metro areas) and channel 88 (NBN and most WIN areas) on August 5, before going on air on August 9 (as in 09.09.09 - geddit?  ::) :P).

Already, NBN Digital 2 has moved from 81 to 88. Got a new HD set top box for my hifi, and noticed this over the weekend. Rescanned the family's LG LCD TV and confirmed what I saw on the set top box.
Big Dan - finally got NBN and One HD in the Upper Hunter.

csutak40

Quote from: bigdan on August 02, 2009, 03:09:05 PM
According to what I've read, they're starting tests on channel 99 (metro areas) and channel 88 (NBN and most WIN areas) on August 5, before going on air on August 9 (as in 09.09.09 - geddit?  ::) :P).

Not sure I do.  Is it August 9, or  09.09.09?  ;D  ??? ;D
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

dgaust

It's be more accurate if it was 06.06.06....

bleh, Nine - who are Nine?

strangr

is IceTV going to provide EPG data for this new channel because as far as i can see next week is still showing 9hd as exact replicas of the 9sd guide.

What is happening with go and how do i get the data.

Madeleine IceGuide

Hi

Go! will actually be a new channel so there will be 9, 9HD and Go! However, in preparation for Go! 9HD has temporarily ceased broadcasting distinct programming, it's gone back to simulcasting Nine Digital in most areas. 

We are aware that "test" broadcasts begin tomorrow for Go! in preparation for Sunday.

We will be informing subscribers of what they need to do to get the new channel and how it relates to the epg in the next day or two.

Thanks

htial

Is there any news on how the legal fight with Nine will affect the new "Go!" programing being transmitted by IceTV???...

ChrisW

Can ICE advise what their channel ID will be in the EPG data for GO in Sydney, please?

I am aware the channel is 99, but I need the ID that ICE will be passing in the data.

Thanks.

zoszos68

Noticed "GO!" was added to my channels in my account but on Vista media center its showing as "Nine GO" in Melbourne so will have to remap any chance of changing it for for Melbourne to save others who may not realise?
Kevin

crippstor

Quote from: zoszos68 on August 06, 2009, 10:10:25 AM
Noticed "GO!" was added to my channels in my account but on Vista media center its showing as "Nine GO" in Melbourne so will have to remap any chance of changing it for for Melbourne to save others who may not realise?
Kevin

Same request as above but instead of a media centre, I have two Beyonwiz units, both of which are displaying "Nine GO" and hence are not picking up the EPG data

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: crippstor on August 06, 2009, 11:35:14 AM
Same request as above but instead of a media centre, I have two Beyonwiz units, both of which are displaying "Nine GO" and hence are not picking up the EPG data

The Beyonwiz doesn't care about the channel name, only about the channel number, as long as the number is correct after a clearing of the iceguide disk cache everything will be fine.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: zoszos68 on August 06, 2009, 10:10:25 AM
Kevin

Changed, you should see the new channel name after 12:15 PM today.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

crippstor

The Beyonwiz doesn't care about the channel name, only about the channel number, as long as the number is correct after a clearing of the iceguide disk cache everything will be fine.
[/quote]

Thanks Daniel, I'll give that a try

prl

Quote from: crippstor on August 06, 2009, 11:35:14 AM
Is there any IceTV EPG information about GO! yet? I certainly don't see any so far on either the Web or on my Beyonwiz.

IIRC, it takes Ice 4-6 weeks of watching a new service before they can start predicting content with enough reliability so that they only need to get occasional corrections from the published schedules. From what I've heard about GO's program offering, that watching is going to be a pretty mind-numbing experience.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

tonymy01

Not much need to predict though (well, there will be for the whole 24x7 thing), they can get a gumby (sorry poor ICE person that has to be bored to death to watch that Go promo on right now :-)) to watch the constant promo on right now which goes thru the timeslots of all the "popular" shows anyway.
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).