Firmware for ASUS router (wifi bridge)?

Started by richardnau, April 25, 2006, 01:06:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richardnau

If I already have a suitable ASUS router, can I download the ICE firmware and install (as was possible with the Netgear WGT634U)?

Richard.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Unfortunately the initial flashing of the ASUS is complex, it cannot be done using just a normal Windows PC.

The files will however be available via Sourceforge in the future.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

crawf

Any update on the availability of the firmware for Asus WL500g Deluxe?

I purchased the Icebox2 from IceTV and have been playing around with alternative firmware and would like to revert back to the original Ice firmware.

Can you please advise?

Cheers,

Crawf

crawf

Bump

This is a question for IceTV Support - don't you guys visit here anymore?

peteru

If you are that deperate to get support, then give them a ring.

crawf

Quote from: peteru on September 07, 2006, 01:09:19 PM
If you are that deperate to get support, then give them a ring.

Peter,

1. I'm not desperate

2. If the IceTV support don't want to answer support queries in the Forum, then why list the Forum under the Support section on main web page?

and

3. If the questions are posted and answered in the Forum it should ease the burden on the support team (they may only have to answer a query once instead of multiple times) as well as make it easier for others to get up to speed with any issues and resolutions.

I must concede that up until this week, I have had nothing but excellent assistance from the support team, particularly Daniel  It's just a pity that the level of Forum support has declined.

Cheers,

Crawf

brianh

As indicated by Peter Vogel in another thread somewhere, there is a heck of a lot going on behind the scenes currently to prepare for their upcoming legal "appointment".  I can understand this has an impact on support, given that this type of preparation is entirely necessary & extremely time consuming, and this is one of the effects Nein no doubt intended it to have.

For my part, I am happy to rely mainly on phone support and allow the Forums/emails to lag a bit, given the alternative if they didn't prepare their case.

Cheers,
Brian H