Main Menu

ONE Digital

Started by Mitch IceGuide, July 04, 2009, 12:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mitch IceGuide

There has been some issues surrounding the line-ups on ONE Digital being different to ONE-HD usually on weekends. This seemed to occur when ONE-HD and TEN-SD were showing the same live sport. Due to broadcasting regulations, this meant ONE-Digital could not also show the same program at the same time. I thought. This weekend however, it seems that all 3 channels are showing live AFL and ANZ Netball Game siimultaneously. If this is not the case in reality, please feel free to let us know through this thread.

prl

Quote from: Mitch IceGuide on July 04, 2009, 12:33:50 PM
There has been some issues surrounding the line-ups on ONE Digital being different to ONE-HD usually on weekends. This seemed to occur when ONE-HD and TEN-SD were showing the same live sport. Due to broadcasting regulations, this meant ONE-Digital could not also show the same program at the same time. I thought. This weekend however, it seems that all 3 channels are showing live AFL and ANZ Netball Game siimultaneously. If this is not the case in reality, please feel free to let us know through this thread.

This behaviour (same show on all three services) was implied in Ten's press release about One HD.

Quote from: Ten Network HoldingsAccording to rights agreements and current Federal Government anti-siphoning regulations, some of these sports and events will also be shown first or simultaneously on TEN.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

tonymy01

I think (in the beginning of OneHD), Ten was putting a video page up saying "go to One HD(1) or Ten(10) to watch this show", not for regulatory reasons, but more to give a small bandwidth boost to the OneHD & TenDigital sport (for anti-siphoning shows that were required to be shown on Ten analogue and thus Ten digital).    But the other night I was channel surfing on my SD PVR and noticed that OneDigital (i.e LCN12) had the same thing on as TenDigital, so don't really know what the caper is with Ten now, sometimes they put this banner up for simultaneous broadcasts, and sometimes they just get lazy and have the same thing on the 3 digital channels.
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

j s

Whatever!!  The triplication totally confuses Interactive.  It would be best by far in these instances if the ONE SD guide did NOT have the event included.