Packed To The Rafters is TWO hours this week in Melbourne only

Started by Neon Kitten, July 06, 2009, 05:27:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neon Kitten

Since Seven got cold feet last Tuesday due to the competition showing a charity football game, Packed To The Rafters was not shown last week in Melbourne. Instead, both last week's and this week's episodes will be shown this Tuesday, from 8.30pm, according to promos run on Seven last night ("two hour season premiere") as well as TV Tonight:

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2009/06/melbourne-delays-rafters-return.html

Curiously, Seven's own Yahooooo TV guide *and* YourTV are ignoring this fact, but trust me, it's TWO hours this Tuesday for Melbourne. I'd recommend fixing the Ice Guide for Melbourne users or there'll be some upset Melbourne people ;)

Madeleine IceGuide

We've been keeping an eye on this after Melbourne showed a double ep of All Saints last week. Thanks for confirming that the 2 hour duration has been advertised on 7. It's been changed now. Cheers

Neon Kitten

Thanks Madeleine! Been meaning to mention this for a few days but seeing the promo last night reminded me that promo = tell IceTV ;)

Neon Kitten

Perhaps better to add the extra hour to the same block, though, since Seven is advertising it - and presumingly showing it - as one two-hour episodes with credits appropriately cut out.

Listed as two separate episodes, it almost guarantees a scene will be cut off as the timer changes.

Neon Kitten

Quote from: Neon Kitten on July 06, 2009, 12:40:04 PM
Perhaps better to add the extra hour to the same block, though, since Seven is advertising it - and presumingly showing it - as one two-hour episodes with credits appropriately cut out.

Listed as two separate episodes, it almost guarantees a scene will be cut off as the timer changes.

And while I'm a bit narky about the Ghost Whisperer situation :) let me just look back on this one and point out that not only was it shown as a single 2-hour episode as I expected, but they even went to the trouble of re-doing the opening credits so there would be a "First Episode" and "Second Episode" writing credit at the top of the show.

Predictably, episode 1 got cut off mid-sentence, and by the time the episode 2 recording started on the Wiz several lines had gone AWOL.

As with my GW post... initiative! Come on, it's not that hard. Next time this happens just list it as a single show with episode titles as "Episode 1 / Episode 2".

Madeleine IceGuide

Hi
We did take note of this later suggestion, however by the time it was confirmed that they would be showing this as a single block, it had already been scheduled as two episodes in the guide. We thought it best not to amend the show (yet again) so close to the air date and risk mucking up some people's scheduled recordings. Thanks

Neon Kitten

Quote from: Madeleine at IceTV on July 09, 2009, 12:14:27 PM
Hi
We did take note of this later suggestion, however by the time it was confirmed that they would be showing this as a single block, it had already been scheduled as two episodes in the guide. We thought it best not to amend the show (yet again) so close to the air date and risk mucking up some people's scheduled recordings. Thanks

Guess I can understand that. It's no huge drama, at least I got to actually see the show (minus about 5 seconds of it ;) )