Interactive Crash on StartUp

Started by mstolly, June 21, 2009, 02:12:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mstolly

For the past week, everytime I reboot my Windows XP MCE PC, Interactive loads during startup and then immediately crashes with an "On Thread Exception 1" error.  The full text of the error (from the Interactive Event Log) is shown at the end of this post.  Interactive runs quite happily if I manually load it immediately after it crashes.

There is also an Application error in the Microsoft Event Viewer that mentions Interactive - it says the source of that error is the .NET Runtime 2.0 environment.

A week ago I installed a new wireless network adapter (Netgear WN311B) as well as a handful of XP updates, so I'm guessing this might have something to do with it - watching the system tray icons, Interactive appears to crash just as the adapter links to the router.

Is this something that can be easily fixed, or should I just remove and reinstall Interactive?  Could a reinstall of Interactive potentially create conflicts with my adapter and hinder its funtioning?  I'd obviously like to avoid that!

Thanks,
Martin.

Full error message:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at IceTV.utility.uploadData(Byte[]& strResponse, Byte[] bytes, String alternateURL, Boolean useGet, String alternateUsername, String alternatePassword, Boolean useCredentials)
   at IceTV.MainForm.FillDevices(Int32 selected, String alternateURL, String alternateUsername, String alternatePassword)
   at IceTV.MainForm.loadSettings()
   at IceTV.MainForm.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at IceTV.MainForm.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

mstolly

Further to my earlier post, I am now getting random crashes every hour or two - the PC completely freezes and the only way out is to hit the "off" button and reboot.  I've turned Interactive off again annd will see if this stops the freezing.

csutak40

Quote from: mstolly on June 21, 2009, 02:12:10 AM
For the past week, everytime I reboot my Windows XP MCE PC, Interactive loads during startup and then immediately crashes with an "On Thread Exception 1" error.  The full text of the error (from the Interactive Event Log) is shown at the end of this post.  Interactive runs quite happily if I manually load it immediately after it crashes.quote]

The same thing is happeneing to me, except it happens on my Vista machine.

I get this error message:

"Could not open Widget C:\Users\Documents\My Widgets\IceTV Remote.widget
It either isn't a Widget or you don't have access to that file. (StartWidgetProcess: Cannot find Widget file in zip container)"

It is still open in Task Manager.  If I end the process there, I can re-open the widget without any problems.  Seems to happen during nearly every boot-up
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

Timboi

Yep,

Windows XP MCE interactive crash on reboot also. I can then run it, and it runs fine then..... until the next restart

csutak40

Quote from: Timboi on June 27, 2009, 11:26:10 PM
Yep,

Windows XP MCE interactive crash on reboot also. I can then run it, and it runs fine then..... until the next restart
It is happening on my Vista more often than it does on my XP.  There must be a problem if it happens to other people as well
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

mstolly

I uninstalled and reinstalled Interactive and it still falls over everytime I reboot.

I logged my problem directly with IceTV over a week ago and have not yet heard back from them - does it normally take over a week to get a response?  >:(

Russell at IceTV

Hi,

IceTV Interactive version 2.0.0.19 Beta 1 is now available in this thread.  Hopefully it should fix the problem you're seeing.  Please give it a try and let us know.

Thanks,
Russell

mstolly

I'll give that a try once you have a properly working version (the thread says it isn't yet functional).  I'm not a computer expert, so am not keen to be a guinea pig for versions that aren't well tested.  However, it does look like it will address my (now old) issue of Interactive shutting down immediately upon loading - although this hasn't happened in a while, so may have resolved itself.

I still have random lock-up's happening that can only be fixed with the "off" button - hopefully these will go away with the new version of Interactive.  My current version of Interactive (since I recently re-installed it) also has a blank grey screen on the event log page - it doesn't seem to impact performance, but I'm hoping the new version will also fix this.

Timboi

yep, new version fixed it

sweeeeeeet!!!!

cheers

filpee

Ice asked me to upgrade to v2.0.0.20 which I dutifully have done but now crashes every time the PC needs a reboot (twice today... sigh).

Anyway I'll put a support ticket through.

mstolly

I have now installed v20 too, but my PC is still locking up at least once a day.