Slight problem with Firmware 3.0 and the app

Started by PCKid, June 16, 2009, 10:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel Drysdale at IceTV

We have confirmed that this issue is real and unfortunately is a bug in the application.

We are working on a fix and expect to have it soon BUT it will have to pass through the Apple approval process which adds a random delay to the release time.

The update we posted contained changes needed to support the new Interactive UI that is due for release very soon now. We made the decision to submit the app to Apple and continue testing during the approval process, several bugs were found and each time we submitted a fresh binary to Apple and moved to the back of the queue. For this last round the app was in the queue for just over a week during which time we continued testing and unfortunately missed seeing this issue. As is typical for things like this the release of the app by Apple and the discovery of the bug by customers on this forum crossed paths.

I apologise for the inconvenience, as soon as we have a fix it will be resubmitted to Apple and hopefully will be online within a week.

Cheers,

Dan
Software Manager @ IceTV

Trial_Master

Don't break the new app for iPod touch, 1.2 works just fine :)

Daniel Drysdale at IceTV

I believe I have fixed the bug in the App and I have submitted version 1.3 to Apple for review.

Unfortunately we now have to wait for Apple to complete the review process.

The only workaround I can offer at this time is to restart the app if you find the TV Guide showing the wrong list.

We appreciate the support of our customers and apologise again for the screw up.

Cheers,

Dan
Software Manager @ IceTV

Daniel Drysdale at IceTV

Quote from: Neon Kitten on July 24, 2009, 02:28:30 PM
Quote from: Trial_Master on July 24, 2009, 02:10:13 PM
I had a back up so I thought I'd risk it. Works fine for me.

Already found the way to reproduce this bug - bear in mind that I generally leave the app after having viewed my Upcoming page, so that's what it loads back into. It did so after the update.

Testing to make sure the previous bug was squashed, I went to the program description for one of my upcoming recordings, then back again. Upcoming recordings reloaded and all was fine, unlike the previous version where the result was a blank screen.

Then I went to TV Guide, and all I saw was my upcoming recordings. I tried refreshing, changing the guide start time etc, nothing worked.

After seeing your message just now, though, I loaded the app again - it came up on Upcoming as usual for me - and hit TV Guide. And all was fine. Odd. So I went back to Upcoming, went to a description of one of those shows, hit "back" then went to TV Guide again. Bingo, all I see is my Upcoming list.

Exit the app, reload, I get the TV Guide.

I hereby submit this as a Bug With A Detailed Report :)

Thanks for the excellent bug report, next time we need some Beta testers you're definitely 1st on the list...
Cheers,

Dan
Software Manager @ IceTV

futzle

Quote from: Neon Kitten on July 24, 2009, 03:11:00 PMI'd be interested to hear if anyone else with an iPhone can replicate this one.

I see exactly the same behaviour as Neon Kitten.  iPhone 3G (2008 model) running OS 3.0, fetching data over 3G.  IceTV App 1.2(4).

Edit: which, if I'd read to the end of the thread, I would have seen is now common knowledge.  Oh well.

jsofikitis

Yep I'm seeing this as well on my iPhone 3GS. It also happens with the popular and my shows tabs. Probably the ui pointer gets overwritten when trying to view the details of the specific show.

Neon Kitten

Updated version of the app is now on the App Store, and I can confirm that this bug is now fixed. Update with confidence :)