Slight problem with Firmware 3.0 and the app

Started by PCKid, June 16, 2009, 10:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PCKid

Have updated to firmware 3.0 and now if you say set a recording on the TV Guide tab and then it is supposed to reload the page it doesn't. You have to swap to another tab and then swap back to get it to reload. Does it on all tabs and never did it on Firmware 2.xx.

Sarge

I'm also noticing a intermittent failure to reload the guide when you go back from looking at the detail listing for a show.  When you press on a listing item, it takes you into the details of that show.  When you press back, sometimes it reloads but sometimes you just get a blank screen.

Trial_Master

Quote from: Sarge on June 25, 2009, 02:01:37 PM
I'm also noticing a intermittent failure to reload the guide when you go back from looking at the detail listing for a show.  When you press on a listing item, it takes you into the details of that show.  When you press back, sometimes it reloads but sometimes you just get a blank screen.

+1

Neon Kitten

Quote from: Sarge on June 25, 2009, 02:01:37 PM

Same here. Never knew it did otherwise since my first experience with the iPhone is the 3GS.

Russell at IceTV

Thanks guys, we're aware of the problem now and are working on it.

Russell

AndrewT

A possible workaround until the new version app is released

Uninstall and then re-install in iTunes, the existing iPhone App - seems to have solved the issue with OS 3.0 for me anyway.

Trial_Master

Any time frame on when the new iPhone/iPod touch app will be available on iTunes Store?

Neon Kitten

The update just came through, and has fixed the "upcoming" bug.

But unfortunately, it's introduced a much worse bug: now, going to "TV Guide" only displays the shows you have queued up to be recorded. There doesn't appear to be any way to view the full guide any more so that you can, well, set more recordings.

Oops.

I'm happy to volunteer to beta test the next version if anyone would like.

Trial_Master

Lucky I saw your post I was going to update this arvo.

Trial_Master

I had a back up so I thought I'd risk it. Works fine for me.

Neon Kitten

Quote from: Trial_Master on July 24, 2009, 02:10:13 PM
I had a back up so I thought I'd risk it. Works fine for me.

Already found the way to reproduce this bug - bear in mind that I generally leave the app after having viewed my Upcoming page, so that's what it loads back into. It did so after the update.

Testing to make sure the previous bug was squashed, I went to the program description for one of my upcoming recordings, then back again. Upcoming recordings reloaded and all was fine, unlike the previous version where the result was a blank screen.

Then I went to TV Guide, and all I saw was my upcoming recordings. I tried refreshing, changing the guide start time etc, nothing worked.

After seeing your message just now, though, I loaded the app again - it came up on Upcoming as usual for me - and hit TV Guide. And all was fine. Odd. So I went back to Upcoming, went to a description of one of those shows, hit "back" then went to TV Guide again. Bingo, all I see is my Upcoming list.

Exit the app, reload, I get the TV Guide.

I hereby submit this as a Bug With A Detailed Report :)

Trial_Master

I just tried your process and I can't reproduce the issue. Maybe delete the app and reinstall again.

Neon Kitten

Quote from: Trial_Master on July 24, 2009, 02:44:40 PM
I just tried your process and I can't reproduce the issue. Maybe delete the app and reinstall again.

Which iPhone - 3G, or 3GS? I'm using a 3GS here.

Trial_Master

Neon Kitten

Quote from: Trial_Master on July 24, 2009, 02:51:14 PM
iPod Touch ver3.0 firmware.

That might be the thing that makes the difference. iPhone 3GS 32GB here, 3.0 firmware as well - but I'd bet the firmware has its differences between Touch, 3G and 3GS.

I'll do the delete-and-reinstall later when I get the chance, but I'd be interested to hear if anyone else with an iPhone can replicate this one.