Recording time too short

Started by jj.mans, July 13, 2009, 06:02:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jj.mans

Hi - I am new to the IceTV recording concept. I recently purchased a Beyonwiz and activated the 3 month trial of IceTV. I selected my programs and all were programmed correctly on the Beyonwiz.
Great our disappoint when watching the first recorded Movie(Crimson Tide) and was ended 10 min before the end.
I was under the impression IceTV was supposed to be accurate and adapt to changing station times.
Is this something that happens often and if so how to prevent this from happening again?

tonymy01

Soft padding my friend.   The networks never keep to schedule, always running over.   Enable soft padding on the Wiz, and unless you get a 2 way clash, bobs-your-uncle.   Of course read the padding topics over on the Beyonwiz forums and the new user FAQ for details on what the padding priority means (most run it with "priority none" so you don't get real timeslots overwritten by padding from another timer in the event of a clash).
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).