Additional option requested in interactive guide

Started by mikeathome, July 10, 2009, 10:42:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeathome

The current interactive guide currently breaks up the day into 4 period subsets with two additional options (now and the rest of the day). I would like to suggest that an additional selectable option be added to display the whole day (12.00 am to 12.00 pm) in one listing and to retain this as the default - at least during the current session. When searching through the guide over several days it is tiresome to have to keep going back and selecting the period required - 4 times for each day.

Russell at IceTV

Well, you're supposed to be able to view the full day with the "rest of the day" option -- and if you're on any day other than today, it's supposed to show you the entire day, from midnight to midnight.

But it seems that you've found a bug.  ;D

I've fixed it just now, so you should see the entire day again.  Give it another try with the "rest of the day" option and see if it works better now.

Thanks!
Russell

prl

The change has come through, but the interpretation of "rest of the day" as meaning "from 20:00 the previous day" is a bit um, idiosyncratic.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Russell at IceTV

Quote from: prl on July 10, 2009, 12:12:42 PM
The change has come through, but the interpretation of "rest of the day" as meaning "from 20:00 the previous day" is a bit um, idiosyncratic.

Ah, that's because the 20:00 show runs for 6.5 hours, and spans across midnight.  We always include the shows that will be running at the time of midnight as well, so you can tell what will actually be on TV at that time.

Russell

mikeathome

Thank you - that achieves the objective I was after.

prl

Quote from: Russell at IceTV on July 10, 2009, 12:24:02 PM
Quote from: prl on July 10, 2009, 12:12:42 PM

Ah, that's because the 20:00 show runs for 6.5 hours, and spans across midnight.  We always include the shows that will be running at the time of midnight as well, so you can tell what will actually be on TV at that time.

Russell

:-[ Oops, you're quite right.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing