Guide issues with SBS name change?

Started by Mark, June 03, 2009, 09:01:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark

I think that SBS changed its digital channel names (to "SBS ONE" and "SBS TWO") over the weekend, which apparently caused me to lose all guide information for SBS, in turn resulting in my SBS series recordings all reporting no upcoming programs.

To fix this, I had to go back to "Add Guide Listings to Channel" and relink the "new" SBS ONE and SBS TWO to "SBS" and "SBS 2".  Even then, my existing SBS series recordings did not pick up their programs from the guide even after two days of guide updates, so I re-entered all of my SBS series recordings and deleted the originals.  (All of these recordings were set up in MCE, I do not currently use Interactive to set or maintain recordings.)

All now seems to be OK again, but I was surprised that this happened given that there has been no change in the digital channel numbers.  If I had not noticed, or had been away, then all of my SBS series recordings would have been missed.

Has anybody else had this problem?  Could there something wrong with my setup that has caused this, or are we really all at the mercy of the broadcasters -- if they change their channel names, we lose our guide data?!

Daniel Hall at IceTV

The name change for SBS to "SBS ONE" and "SBS TWO" did come as a shock to us, but we have updated the guide with the new information and channel names this morning.

If anything does seem a bit weird with the channel lineups the best option is to go into the guide settings and select "Restore Channel Defaults". You will need to run through "Edit Listings" to disable any of the unwanted channels, then check for any that are still not mapped (most should be automatic now) and fix these up under "Add Listings to Channel".
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Garyvx

A bit hard to do this when I'm interstate!!!
What about some warning  >:(

mmmason

Hi,

Checked my series recordings tonight and none there.  Checked guide and it was all over the place, channels not in order, incorrect listings, some channels missing.

Did rescan and downloaded guide then tried to add listings to channel, big problems.  For example added listing for abc hd to channel abc hd and in the guide it is showing channel 7 listing against abc hd.  Also, some channels 7 & 9 digital just disappear.  Has something happened at icetv which could have caused this? maybe something with sbs name change?  Any one else having this issue or is it just my htpc?

I'm in Perth and still haven't been able to fix this.

Thanks,

John.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: Garyvx on June 03, 2009, 10:13:37 PM
A bit hard to do this when I'm interstate!!!
What about some warning  >:(

Unfortunately we had no warning that the SBS channels would change name and so we weren't able to send out any warnings.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: mmmason on June 04, 2009, 01:10:22 AM
Hi,

Checked my series recordings tonight and none there.  Checked guide and it was all over the place, channels not in order, incorrect listings, some channels missing.

Did rescan and downloaded guide then tried to add listings to channel, big problems.  For example added listing for abc hd to channel abc hd and in the guide it is showing channel 7 listing against abc hd.  Also, some channels 7 & 9 digital just disappear.  Has something happened at icetv which could have caused this? maybe something with sbs name change?  Any one else having this issue or is it just my htpc?

Thanks,

John.

As I said above it is better just to perform a "restore channel defaults" rather than re-scan the channels.

Seeing as you have re-scanned you may now need to clear out the existing guide and channel scan information, the steps for doing this can be found at http://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/websupport.cgi?op=show_faq&faq_id=155&faq_cat_id=21.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

jashall

This is the second time within three weeks due to guide stuff ups I haven't had my scheduled shows record. All this after a year or more of no or little problems. What's going on IceTv? Is this something I am likely to expect more of? If so it defeats the purpose of my subscription with you.

I have just received the email warning us of the changes. Too little too late. Not even a sorry for the inconvenience.

This problem didn't just stuff up SBS channel listings, it screwed the whole guide up. I lost all my guide info for nine and ten while seven was a shambles. In fact the ABC1 was totally replaced by guide listings for seven digital, hence I lost my recordings (chasers etc.). Just a complete balls up.

mmmason

Quote from: Daniel Hall on June 04, 2009, 09:23:25 AM
Quote from: mmmason on June 04, 2009, 01:10:22 AM
Hi,

Thanks,

John.

As I said above it is better just to perform a "restore channel defaults" rather than re-scan the channels.

Seeing as you have re-scanned you may now need to clear out the existing guide and channel scan information, the steps for doing this can be found at http://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/websupport.cgi?op=show_faq&faq_id=155&faq_cat_id=21.

Thanks Daniel,

That did the trick, all sweet again.

John.

mstolly

My guide was also completely scrambled today and I tried fixing it myself ahead of seeing the Email from ICE.  I simply re-mapped the channels to the guide listing and then had to set most of my series recordings to record from "any channel" instead of the incorrect one it was still showing.

What I didn't do was "Restore Channel Defaults" - will this bite me on the bum later?  Should I go back and do that now or is it too late because I have already re-mapped my guide?  Exactly which "default" does it reset to anyway?  If I run it now will I be able to go back to my series recordings and switch them back to record from the correct specific channel (as opposed to "any channel")?

Thanks,
Martin.

OzRob

Quote from: mstolly on June 05, 2009, 01:52:15 AMWhat I didn't do was "Restore Channel Defaults" - will this bite me on the bum later?  Should I go back and do that now or is it too late because I have already re-mapped my guide?  Exactly which "default" does it reset to anyway?  If I run it now will I be able to go back to my series recordings and switch them back to record from the correct specific channel (as opposed to "any channel")?

Restore Channel Defaults restores the default name and order of the channels (that were obtained when scanning), as well as enabling all channels for viewing. If you have not previously manually renamed any of the channels or changed the order of the channels, then restoring the channel defaults shouldn't be necessary. If you have renamed channels, then these may cause problems with the Ice Interactive application, as it won't be able to match the channel on your PC to a channel on the Ice servers. This will only affect remote recording via the Ice web site or Widget. The guide will still appear correctly.