Device Type Not Updating - Possible Solution

Started by Jad, May 29, 2009, 08:57:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jad

Hi Guys,

This is more of a heads up how I solved this problem getting Interactive working. After spending an hour with the very helpful IceTV tech we managed to get the EPG working on the Topfield but could not get the Device Type to update in the EPG settings. Tried everything from reflashing firmware etc etc. All networking was fine cabled & wireless, pings etc etc.

Spoke with Topfield and they had never heard of such a problem. I decided to have one more play around before shipping the box off and started playing with manual network settings. Got connectivity and still no Device update. The eventual solution was to manually specify the 2 DNS servers as reported within my ADSL Routers config in the manual network settings as opposed to the Router IP which works with everything else networking wise other than it appears updating the Device Type. Don't know why this made a difference, but straight after making the change the Device Type updated straight away.

Anyway, hope this helps someone down the track.

Cheers

AMLagonda

All that stress getting it going eh, and then you will find Ice dont even get the EPG right, hasnt worked properly for me for weeks,I seem to get bits and pieces of the TV guide, only thing that works good is the timers so at least that's one thing going.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: AMLagonda on May 29, 2009, 11:00:42 AM
All that stress getting it going eh, and then you will find Ice dont even get the EPG right, hasnt worked properly for me for weeks,I seem to get bits and pieces of the TV guide, only thing that works good is the timers so at least that's one thing going.

Really? Do you have any examples of missing guide information?

I have personally been using a TF7100HDPVRt using the latest firmware for the last month or so and haven't seen any missing guide data at all.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

jaspa

I too have been using the 7100 with the latest firmware since it was released  and it hasn't missed a beat, in terms of timers and EPG - I think that even WIN / WIN HD guides have more / correct info.

Gordon

Mac37

Same here - no ICE problems at all - and WIN/NINE are looking normal now here on Sunshinecoast QLD (Regional) (We get WIN and a retransmission of NINE BRISBANE  from Maleny (Bald Knob).
I am still running the beta just prior to the latest F/W (cuz I haven't been able to clear the HDD for reformatting.) but I have had no problems since I installed that.
Anyway back on topic, the reason I replied is to confirm the OP's comments.
In the early days ( purchased 7100 in early Jan 2009) I had a few problems with connectivity and all was solved as soon as I entered the ISP DNS IP addresses. This was suggested by someone back on the missing iTopfield forum back in the day.
Regards,
Mac
Mac
Beyonwiz T2 X 2
IceTV Interactive EPG - HDMI to   Linden TV 65