Foxtel/Selectv guide possible???

Started by mmmason, May 12, 2009, 12:26:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmmason

Hi,

Just wondering if there is any possibility of a Foxtel and/or Selectv guide given the high court decision?

Thanks,

John.

tonymy01

The court case did not say that they can blanket copy an EPG, which is the only way they would be able to support a Foxtel guide unless Foxtel gives it to them to use (haha).   How can they use a predictive scheme for 100s of channels?  They can't really tie all it up with Interactive given you can't digitally record Foxtel anyway.
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

mmmason

Thanks for the response,

I have no idea how icetv compile their epg and I am no lawyer, hence my question.

With regard to recording Foxtel, analogue capture to a htpc is possible and I have read on some forums of people actually getting digital capture to work as well.

Selectv can be recorded digitally and was really the main thrust of my question as I am thinking of subscribing.  As I already subscribe to icetv for the fta epg, I was wondering if an icetv epg for selectv were a possibility or would I have to rely on the eit data transmitted with their broadcast.

From your response I'm guessing the eit data from selectv will be what I will use.

Thanks again,

John.

tonymy01

Dunno really, but let's see if ICE respond with a better answer.    I just can't see them ever dealing with the 100s of channels on paytv, when they struggle with their current algorithm for the small number of FTA channels around the country (well, not so small when you start to see all the regional differences).
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).