Times out by 1 hour this morning

Started by ozbear, March 26, 2006, 10:09:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozbear

Looks like the Commonwealth Games time change update didn't work on my MCE box this morning since it transaitioned an hour backwards.  I reset the time manually from 7:30 am to 8:30 am to agree with reality but the Ice Guide listings are now showing 1 hour ealier than they should, according to NineMSN's website.  For example, Jude Judy is normally on at 3 pm but is showing 2 pm in my MCE guide.

I have run a guide update this morning but that didn't affect the times.  The guide data is still wrong.

What's going on?

Oz

pvogel

The abnormal changes to daylight saving are proving to be a real headache.  We will try to resolve this today, if not it will be sorted out tomorrow.  The problem is working out whether it's at the server end or the MCE end...

Sorry about any inconvenience,

Peter

ozbear

Since my time is now set correctly on the MCE box and the Guide data is 1 hour too early, I would have thought that the problem could only be at the server end.

Oz

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi ozbear,

One thing that will affect this is whether or not the hotfix for daylight savings has been installed on the MCE system. Unfortunately with or without this patch the timezone and time can appear correct even if they aren't.

You can check to ensure that it is installed from the "Add or Remove Programs" control panel. Once the control panel is open you will need to tick the box marked "Show Updates", this will list all Windows Hotfixes and patches as well. The hotfix for daylight savings changes is "Hotfix for Windows XP (KB912475)".

If it's not installed then it can either be gotten from Windows Update or directly from http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=912475.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

dJOS

I just saw this after posting in the Toppy section but I have the same issue on my MCE box & on my Toppy so that proves to me that it's ICE derived issue.
My Home Theatre Project

Quad Tuner 7MC box now replaced by 2x TiVo's HD's by order of the Wife!

ozbear

QuoteHi ozbear,

One thing that will affect this is whether or not the hotfix for daylight savings has been installed on the MCE system. Unfortunately with or without this patch the timezone and time can appear correct even if they aren't.

You can check to ensure that it is installed from the "Add or Remove Programs" control panel. Once the control panel is open you will need to tick the box marked "Show Updates", this will list all Windows Hotfixes and patches as well. The hotfix for daylight savings changes is "Hotfix for Windows XP (KB912475)".

If it's not installed then it can either be gotten from Windows Update or directly from http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=912475.

Daniel,

The hotfix, KB912475 was installed on March 23, 2006.

Oz

Freefall

I've got the same problem, even though the hotfix (KB912475) was applied on 18/3 this morning my computer went back an hour and after setting it to the right time the IceGuide is out by an hour.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

QuoteI've got the same problem, even though the hotfix (KB912475) was applied on 18/3 this morning my computer went back an hour and after setting it to the right time the IceGuide is out by an hour.

This sounds like either the hotfix didn't install correctly, or daylight savings timezone is not set correctly as with the hotfix installed the time should not have changed at all this morning.

The reason the guide data is currently showing as out is that the PC thinks that it is currently in a timezone of +10, even though the time is correct. The correct timezone as daylight savings is still active is +11.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Freefall

Yep, was my pc at fault.  The hotfix was installed but when I checked my Date and Time properties it was showing AUS Eastern Standard Time as the time zone.  So I went to the Time Zone tab and unchecked then re-checked 'Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving changes' and now my time zone is showing as AUS Eastern Daylight Time and my IceGuide is showing the correct time.

ozbear

Same here.  I unchecked and then rechecked the Automatically Adjust time setting and all is well now.  Thanks Daniel.

I guess the hotfix didn't exacty do the whole job.

Oz

Nudge

Hey All,

Looks like the end of daylight saving has set all the Guide back 1hr like it did to some machines last week.

Also Channel 7 is out by 2 hrs similar to another thread I posted a couple of weeks ago (1hr behind + 1 hr for DLS)

Thanks,

Nudge

Shane

Yes - my Mac Widget & Media Center are both out by an hour this morning. My machines were patched correctly and handled the Daylight savings extension without an issue.

But now as of this morning everything in the Media Center Guide and everything in the Widget is one hour early.

Thanks,
Shane.
Shuttle SB83G5M (P4 630 nVidia 6600) running Vista Premium with:
Hauppauge Nova-T 500 MCE Tuner|Ice TV Guide|PIMP|Buffalo LinkStation HD-H160LAN & HD-HG300LAN|Xbox 360 MCE

anthonyc

I've noticed that there is an hour of "unknown" on all the channels tonight around midnight that fixes that 1hr issue for tomorrow onwards.  Maybe this buffer should have been there but a day earlier?  How do we fix this otherwise nothing is going to record properly today?

pvogel

I'm not sure about the finer points but I know we did have a lot of trouble making MCE understand what to do with a day that does not include 24 hours..  We had of course tested this prior to the change over so it's not immediately obvious whre the problem lies. I have asked my engineers to investigate an urgent resolution.

Peter Vogel
CTO IceTV

Daniel Hall at IceTV

This has been tested and is now resolved.

Performing a guide fetch will now pull down the correct data.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.