Formula 1 on ONE - Pre Race Show & Race Guide Entries?

Started by dJOS, May 06, 2009, 04:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should we have the PreRace Show as a seperate Guide entry?

Yes - I like it the way it is!
No - Can I have a single entry for the entire event Please?

dJOS

I personally think it is a bit silly seeing as other forms of Sport have pre-race shows that aren't listed as seperate Guide entries. eg V8 Supercars, NASCAR NationWide Races etc.

Because I use hard padding on my media center it also wastes an extra tuner in the overlap period which I set to 1 hour for F1 series records (you never know with motorsport if it'll run late due to weather etc) which is another reason i'd prefer a single guide entry for the F1 race.

So what does everyone else think - 1 Guide entry or 2 for each F1 Race?
My Home Theatre Project

Quad Tuner 7MC box now replaced by 2x TiVo's HD's by order of the Wife!

dJOS

My Home Theatre Project

twitch

I'm afraid I have to totally disagree. I record F1 in HD and don't have a large HDD, so the last thing I want is 1hr of prattle prepended to the race. If anything I'd prefer the pre-race stuff to have a separate pgm title so I can choose whether I want to record it or not separately from my existing F1 series recording.

dJOS

Fair enuf, every one is likely to have their own view and that's why I started a poll to see what ppl's preferences where. :)

It would be nice if a few more f1 fans would vote tho.
My Home Theatre Project

tonymy01

I gave my vote early on.  I guess I am split on it.  Twitch has a point, and I certainly fast forward thru the qualifying highlights myself, but I think all the comments from Peter Windsor are well worth watching, he is very switched on with the F1 goss, awesome that Ten can claim him as their own really :-)
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

dJOS

Quote from: tonymy01 on May 07, 2009, 10:15:28 PM
I gave my vote early on.  I guess I am split on it.  Twitch has a point, and I certainly fast forward thru the qualifying highlights myself, but I think all the comments from Peter Windsor are well worth watching, he is very switched on with the F1 goss, awesome that Ten can claim him as their own really :-)

I do exactly the same thing for the sames reasons.  8)
My Home Theatre Project

tonymy01

And of course the reason for FF the qual highlights is I sat up the night before (or if One was really lame and wacked it on at some silly hour, the next morning then) and watch the full qualifying, so don't need to see that bit.   But this is only a small part of what that hour offers.   They often detail penalties, rule changes, last minute tweaks, morning warmup/practise times etc, so well worth watching (to me anyway).
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

richardnau

Baahhh -- it's not even the PROPER pre-race show anyway. Bring us the Brundle grid walk. (But thanks for the live coverage. After 28 years watching GPs on TV, it's a nice development.)

Cammo

Want to know my favourite part of living in regional QLD (Townsville) and reading your posts about pre-race and F1 in HD and so forth?

This

Click for full size - Uploaded with plasq's Skitch

>:(

prl

Quote from: Cammo on May 10, 2009, 10:20:56 PM
Want to know my favourite part of living in regional QLD (Townsville) and reading your posts about pre-race and F1 in HD and so forth?

Just so you're not feeling too left out, we're getting the same "service" from Southern Cross Ten in Canberra. Not that I care that much. The only only cricket they said they were going to show was IPL - not-cricket played in not-India.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

dJOS

Lol, clearly no one really gives a toss so im closing the poll.

Status Quo, please continue.  ;D
My Home Theatre Project