IceTV Not Working

Started by abes, May 03, 2009, 11:59:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abes

I have now being trying, unsuccessfully, for a long time to get IceTV working. It was working a little while ago on this Toppy7100 and then all of a sudden it stopped. I thought it may have been the firmware issue so downloaded the new firmware. Currently all I get when accessing the TV Guide on my Toppy7100 is "IceTV Servers are busy ~ try again in 2 minutes". I have trolled through this forum and tried some of the other fixes but to no avail.

I have:

reset Toppy to factory defaults
Applied the latest firmware 20090317
reset to factory defaults
set up time etc
searched and received all TV stations (Perth, WA)
set up networks (wired and wireless) with Static IP addresses via my own network ~ pinged other machines on the network successfully
setup FTP
changed EPG from Air to IceTV, set up Account name and password (NOTE I do not get the option to change devices or Channel mapping as mentioned in other posts). When setting up the IceTV wireless network the menu searches and reports the network OK with the correct IP address.

After having done this I go to the TV Guide and voila ~ nothing. Switch EPG back to Air and all OK. Switch to IceTV and get the 'busy' message. I have pinged the Toppy7100 successfully from other machines on my network. I have set up my IceTV interactive account on the laptop, fetched the token and tried to set a recording which also failed to communicate with the Toppy.

I now have no idea what else to do and would appreciate any assistance possible.

Abes

Vortical

I'd contact IceTV via phone to see if there is an issue with their servers for your area.

abes

Thanks for the assistance, turns out it was an incorrect DNS address that was stopping me accessing the IceTV servers. IceTV guide loaded, just checking the interactive operation now.

Abes

kreapen

Im having this exact problems so i checked my DNS and it is all correct but still no good. got all my port fowarding correct and still no bang.

Am in emails with Ben @ Icetv now to try and resolve the issue