Main Menu

PIMP

Started by mooksy79, March 12, 2006, 08:51:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mooksy79

I'm very courious about PIMP and when it will be launched.  Will it work with the Toppy 5000pvrt and the wireless icebox?  Is there any way I can get involved in the BETA testing?

pelleigh

Pardon my ignoance but just what is PIMP?
---
Never eat more than you can lift.
---

Rod_Hagen

What's Pimp?  Seemingly another feature that is "coming soon", but which already appears on the website just to confuse and tantalise us mere mortals!

I'm getting tired of this , guys!

When do I get to use my ICE Subscription effectively with my EyeTV DTT & EyeTV2 without havng to mess around with slow updating, somewhat problematic Widgets?

When do  I have access to a fully searchable program listing for the following week?

Why does the PIMP page tell me that I can have acces to it once I log in, but then , when I do, tell me that not all registered , paid up, users have access to it ? Surely you could help me avoid wasting my time by telling me that it won't work for me  BEFORE I try to log in to PIMP. Surely you could also  expalin why some fee paying members apparently get access while others, like me, apparently don't!?

Why does no-one from Ice ever bother answering people's Q's here?

I'm getting a bit fed up with all of this. It will have to get better fast if I'm going to bother renewing my subscription!  I don't mind some teething troubles, and I'm even happy to put up with more than a few issues as long as they are clearly admitted and explained along the way, but a combination of non- performance and utter silence is a recipe for the  quick demise of just about any venture.

Sadly all that seems to have happened here since my last visit is that a new, even less user friendly, version of the icetv web pages has been developed.  >:(

Not happy, Jan!

Rod

pvogel

Sorry there hasn't been any information available on PIMP to date. It is in final stages of development and some beta testing will start in the next few weeks.

As you will see from exploring the free access features, you will get a fully searchable 7 day guide (the searching works now).  Next step will be that you can schedule recordings from the guide.

Of course a client application is required to PIMP your PVR.  First ones supported will be EyeTV and MCE.  We are hoping to PIMP the Toppy although this depends on support from Topfield.

We will be ready to beta test MCE and EyeTV in a couple of weeks, so if you'd like to be a guineapig, drop me an email via support@icetv.com.au

Regarding EyeTV2 support, this is unfortunately out of our hands as ElGato has not completed their integration and have not given us a time when it will be completed.

I will open a forum section for PIMP where we will invite suggestions as to valuable functionality to add.

If any subscriber to IceTV is interested in exploring the PIMP a bit further, but without the client application at this stage, send me an email and we will activate your PIMP access.

Best regards,

Peter Vogel CTO IceTV

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quoteslow updating, somewhat problematic Widgets?

Hi Rod,

Do you have more details on what is happening? Is the widget slow to update? or does it take a long time for a program to schedule programs in EyeTV?
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Rod_Hagen

Hi Rod,

Do you have more details on what is happening? Is the widget slow to update? or does it take a long time for a program to schedule programs in EyeTV?

Thanks for replying.

Is the widget slow to update?  Yes, despite a 1500/256 ADSL connection and a 2 GHZ G5 on this end.

Does it take a long time to schedule?  Not slow usually . The problem is that with some programs it simply doesn't schedule at all!

Rod

Tax_Invoice

Personally I'm very excited about PIMP if what you're promising becomes available!

Looking forward to programming my MCE from work ;)

Rod_Hagen

Any further news on when PIMP may become available?  

I might add, I's I'd still like to try it with my ElgatoEyeTV even if it is still in beta.

Cheers

Rod

pvogel

Rod, you have now been PIMPed. You should be able to log in to PIMP. To learn how to set up the client software for EyeTV please visit www.icetv.com.au/pimpme

Shane

Peter,

If I have both an MCE machine and EyeTV (which I do) - is PIMP smart enough not to program the same recordings on both clients?

Thanks,
Shane.
Shuttle SB83G5M (P4 630 nVidia 6600) running Vista Premium with:
Hauppauge Nova-T 500 MCE Tuner|Ice TV Guide|PIMP|Buffalo LinkStation HD-H160LAN & HD-HG300LAN|Xbox 360 MCE

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi Shane,

When out of beta, definitely. Currently it will do it, however you will need to ensure when adding a new recorder in the PIMP options page on the website that the MCE machine is set to be device number 0 as the current PIMPmyMCE client only looks for client 0.

The MacPIMP client does allow you specify which device to record with however, so in the MacPIMP client you can then select the second recorder that has been setup.

When scheduling via the website you will be given a dropdown list of all setup recorders on the account so you can choose which one to schedule the recording on.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Shane

Daniel,

Can you tell me where i find the log file for Mac PIMP?

I have a "Connection Status: Failed, check log" message.

Thanks,
Shane.
Hauppauge Nova-T 500 MCE Tuner|Ice TV Guide|PIMP|Buffalo LinkStation HD-H160LAN & HD-HG300LAN|Xbox 360 MCE

Shane

OK - it's in system console...

The error I am getting is:

2006-06-26 10:04:31.331 MacPIMP[20282]                 -[AppController getEPG:]:              AppController.mm:   361:[ERROR] Error: POST returned error code: 0
curl_errbuf: Couldn't resolve host 'shasam.net:[my password]@www.icetv.com.au'
Can not POST: couldnt resolve host name

Seems to be missing my name off the front of "shasam.net" - my username being my email address.

Any thoughts?
Shane.

Shane

Yep - thats it. I just changed my username to a single name (not email address) and it has worked.

Can this be fixed? Thanks.

Regards,
Shane.

pvogel

QuoteYep - thats it. I just changed my username to a single name (not email address) and it has worked.

Can this be fixed? Thanks.

Regards,
Shane.

Thanks for reporting this Shane - it is on the list and will be fixed in the next release - probably a week or two away.

Peter