Underbelly Uncut

Started by Paul, April 21, 2009, 11:05:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul

Monday 27th April, 10:30pm Underbelly Uncut is actually a repeat of season one.

Sorry, that is in Sydney

Cheers, Paul.

zoszos68

What guide area is that for as I have Footy Classified on then as usual.
Or does Victoria (I have Melbourne Guide) Miss out on the good bits again lol.
Kevin

Madeleine IceGuide

Hi

Nine promos indicate that "uncut" Underbelly this week is starting from the beginning of the original series. Two Underbelly "uncut" eps previously screened on TV - Best Laid Plans and Team Purana - but these were from much later in the series. For this reason, we're going to leave the eps marked as new, with "uncut" prefacing the ep title. Yes, they've screened before, sort of, but not in this "uncut" version.

If we repeat flag them, subscribers who want to get Underbelly with extra violence and nudity will miss out. :)

prl

Quote from: Madeleine at IceTV on April 26, 2009, 11:56:29 PM
If we repeat flag them, subscribers who want to get Underbelly with extra violence and nudity will miss out. :)
Underbelly with "extra violence and nudity?" Does this leave any room for, you know, actual plot? :)
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

raymondjpg

Quote from: Madeleine at IceTV on April 26, 2009, 11:56:29 PMYes, they've screened before, sort of, but not in this "uncut" version.

My Webscheduler Ice EPG flagged the two "Uncut" episodes of Underbelly last night (28 April) as being broadcast on WIN HD. No such luck. Only the demo loop.

I am still seeing a lot of "N/A Channel Nine" in the WIN HD Webscheduler Ice EPG lineup. Hasn't the problem with WIN HD EPG scheduling gone away? Or are we just seeing a continuation of WIN HD program scheduling stuffups?
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

Madeleine IceGuide

Apologies for the error. This looks like another example of WIN doing it's own thing when it comes to HD shows. We assumed it would be on WIN HD because the show is available in HD and because "Underbelly: A Tale Of Two Cities" appears on the channel. We'll remove it for future eps.

"N/A" notifications are still appearing in the guide for 9 and affiliates because the order governing access to third party EPG data is still in place. The High Court's decision does not automatically cancel this out, even though it was in our favour. We will let people know of any legal developments ASAP.

raymondjpg

Quote from: Madeleine at IceTV on April 30, 2009, 09:39:39 AM
Apologies for the error. This looks like another example of WIN doing it's own thing when it comes to HD shows.

Thanks for the clarification. I did find some threads subsequent to posting here which explained why Ice is being cautious about Ch9's EPGs.

While SC10 carries a special place in my heart for contempt of its regional viewers, Ch9 (and/or its affiliates) has to take the prize for appalling programming decisions.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

bruiser333

Quote from: Madeleine at IceTV on April 26, 2009, 11:56:29 PM
Hi

Nine promos indicate that "uncut" Underbelly this week is starting from the beginning of the original series. Two Underbelly "uncut" eps previously screened on TV - Best Laid Plans and Team Purana - but these were from much later in the series. For this reason, we're going to leave the eps marked as new, with "uncut" prefacing the ep title. Yes, they've screened before, sort of, but not in this "uncut" version.

I was about to post a question asking why this weeks episode of Underbelly - Uncut 'Best Laid Plans' was flagged as a repeat (and hence my series recording has not created a timer), when I came across the above post which I guess explains it. But I'm not sure whether in this case treating the episodes individually with respects to their repeat flag is the correct thing to do; as it is the first time the entire uncut series has been shown I think each episode should be flagged the same ie not as a repeat.

Cheers,

Bruce

Madeleine IceGuide

It has been a long time since those two "uncut" eps were shown so although they've been on before we'll remove the repeat flag. Ditto for the next episode, when it's scheduled.

bruiser333