Adding Once a Week option to recording scheduling

Started by JPP, June 03, 2010, 03:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPP

Just recently I had three recording in the one week made for Insight SBS. Two were repeats, one on Wed SBS ONE in the afteroon I think and one Wed on SBS Two @ 7.35pm - I think these were the repeat dates. The firts screening is on Tues at 7.30pm. Obviously the later screenings hadn't been marked as repeats which is why they got set.

I was wondering, if there were to be an option to choose One a Week, you could avoid this happening when the repeat programs weren't flagged as such. Usually, the first screening of any show is at the beginning of the week or the first in the week and the following ones repeats. Atm I'm getting around it by specifying a fixed time at 7.30pm which usually doesn't vary, but one of the repeat screenings is at 7.35pm - how accurate is the fixed time setting?
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

csutak40

Once a week wouldn't necessarily be any good to you in this case.  Besides the Wednesday night showing on SBS2 (which you could easily avoid by setting it to record on SBS1 only) it repeats on Friday and Monday afternoons.  So, if it was to record once a week, it would record the Monday showing, which is a repeat of the previous Tuesday's show
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

JPP

Quote from: csutak40 on June 03, 2010, 09:39:53 PM
Once a week wouldn't necessarily be any good to you in this case.  Besides the Wednesday night showing on SBS2 (which you could easily avoid by setting it to record on SBS1 only) it repeats on Friday and Monday afternoons.  So, if it was to record once a week, it would record the Monday showing, which is a repeat of the previous Tuesday's show
The trouble is, you can't just select SBS ONE - you can only select the network SBS - you don't have control over individual services on a channel. But, your point is taken re 1st in the week always being the first screening, so that simple option is out in this case.

This really has only become an issue since the networks have started to use their "secondary" services to show repeats. Perhaps the more elegant way out would be to have Services rather than only Networks in the drop down box which currently only allows Networks to be selected. No doubt this would have some unforseen ramifications....The other option is of course setting it for a specific time slot and in this instance on one particular service of the network as well as the repeat on SBS TWO is just 5 min later than the 1st screening on SBS ONE.

Accurately marking Repeats would of course circumvent the need for all of this  :).
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor